No announcement yet.

Alien Arena 2009 Brings New Gaming Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried this game just a few weeks ago and didn't like it at all. Getting hit once and dieing ? That takes away a lot of the fun. Just run around shooting and hope ya hit someone.

Comment

It's based on a quake engine... and they are famous for rail-gun-insta-gibs... and stupidly high play speed :P

Comment

Originally posted by soros View Post
        I tried this game just a few weeks ago and didn't like it at all. Getting hit once and dieing ? That takes away a lot of the fun. Just run around shooting and hope ya hit someone.
        Sounds like you joined an "instagib" server. That's the only time you'd get hit once and die in the game if you have full health, unless you took a direct hit from a vaporizer(which doesn't happen often, it's not easy to do).

Comment

I tried playing it again today on various servers.. it's just very annoying, IMHO. People jumping around at lightspeed, nearly impossible to shoot. I got fragged 50 or 60 times before I was able to score a kill (and probably by accident.)

Maybe for the very advanced gamer that is able to see 12 steps ahead and play with 3 hands... it's probably a lot of fun for them but I'm a casual gamer and it just irritates me.

Comment

The game is not that fast. Certainly not Nexuiz or Warsow fast.

Comment

and probably by accident.)
              Probably a bug

Comment

I tried playing it again today on various servers.. it's just very annoying, IMHO. People jumping around at lightspeed, nearly impossible to shoot. I got fragged 50 or 60 times before I was able to score a kill (and probably by accident.)

Maybe for the very advanced gamer that is able to see 12 steps ahead and play with 3 hands... it's probably a lot of fun for them but I'm a casual gamer and it just irritates me.
                Sounds like deathmatch probably isn't your thing(I don't mean that in an offensive way). It's not for everyone's tastes, and there is often a bit of a learning curve to aquire the skills needed to compete with the players that have been around for awhile. However, you could also play offline against bots to hone those skills so that when you do get on a public server you don't feel overwhelmed.

Comment

Main problem is also cheating. In open games this is a lot harder to control than in closed ones... and you don't want to know how main aimbotters and speed hackers are around on public servers even in closed AAA titles ( besides the large number of fucking micro abusing morons or grievers ).

Comment

Cheaters or not, I can still burn them to a crisp with my flamethrower . The game is fun. If you don't like that game style then get something else.

Comment

The most hilarious thing is if you win ( score wise ) against an aimbotter even though he uses an aimbot. Usually doesn't happen but I managed to pull that one of too from time to time. Just requires playing in a way the aimbot doesn't help you much

Comment

Working...
                      X