Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandriva 2010 Alpha Brings Plymouth, New Features

Phoronix: Mandriva 2010 Alpha Brings Plymouth, New Features

The first alpha release of Mandriva Linux 2010 was released on Sunday. This development update brings a number of core improvements to Mandriva such as a faster boot time, Plymouth integration for enhancing the boot process, Tomoyo for providing the security framework, Moblin packaging, and various other improvements. In this article we are taking a brief look at Mandriva Linux 2010 Alpha 1.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

2010? Sounds very creepy to me, time to wake up.

Comment

I started out on Mandrake 9.0 after a stint on Red Hat.
      the Mandriva Control Center is so good, I am so surprised other distro's don't have something similar [besides Suse that has YaST]

I have come back to Mandriva on 2009.1 and I am loving it. It boots so fast on my desktop and EEE PC. Stable and snappy and with the MCC, all power is given to the users.

Top work Mandriva!

Comment

Can you guys post a boot up video showing difference b.w plymouth and splashy /

Comment

Working...
        X