Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is x300 mobile still supported?

Hi guys,
    does anybody know if the x300 mobility radeon card will be supported by the next ati proprietary drivers? It's since 9.3 drivers that I can't upgrade, and now with the Xorg 7.5 also the 9.3 drivers doesn't work.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot

susu

With your x300 card you have to switch to the open source driver called "radeon". Fglrx >=9.4 does *not* work for your chip. If you want to use a more recent xorg-server than 1.5.x, you will have to switch to the open source drivers.
    Last edited by ivanovic; 18 June 2009, 05:44 AM.

Comment

With your x300 card you have to switch to the open source driver called "radeon". Fglrx >)9.4 does *not* work for your chip. If you want to use a more recent xorg-server than 1.5.x, you will have to switch to the open source drivers.
      That's I did! I would like to know if my card will be supported in future release of the propertary drivers because the amdccle gui is really easy to use and the tv out support is better than the open drivers.

Thanks a lot

Susu

Comment

Originally posted by susumella View Post
        That's I did! I would like to know if my card will be supported in future release of the propertary drivers because the amdccle gui is really easy to use and the tv out support is better than the open drivers.
        Like I already wrote: You card will not be supported with any following fglrx (ATI Catalyst) releases.

(Unless something strange happens at AMD/ATI and they release some legacy driver, though so far they basically said that this will not happen!)

Comment

Originally posted by susumella View Post
          As ivanovic said, we have no plans to add support for 3xx-5xx products back into the proprietary drivers (X300 is 3xx). We do plan to keep working on the tvout support in the open source drivers for those chips, however, so you should see continued improvement there. I don't think there are any plans to write a control panel specifically for the ATI/AMD open source drivers but hopefully the generic panels in Gnome, KDE etc. will continue to improve.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            As ivanovic said, we have no plans to add support for 3xx-5xx products back into the proprietary drivers (X300 is 3xx). We do plan to keep working on the tvout support in the open source drivers for those chips, however, so you should see continued improvement there. I don't think there are any plans to write a control panel specifically for the ATI/AMD open source drivers but hopefully the generic panels in Gnome, KDE etc. will continue to improve.
            Ok, thanks a lot!

Susu

Comment

Working...
            X