No announcement yet.

Spux - native vent client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question then still stands. If one knows it's in a sorry state, why base upon it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
      My question then still stands. If one knows it's in a sorry state, why base upon it yet?
      i cannot answer that question for you (as i am not part of the development team, i'm just someone who is anxiously awaiting spux and helping with testing) however, you are more than welcome to drop by #spux on irc.freenode.net and pose your question to the core development team.

<edit> i should also perhaps clarify that spux is not based on PulseAudio, but ALSA. PulseAudio in some of the newer distro releases has been causing some issues though and these issues need to be worked out. i apologize if this was the impression that was given.</edit>
      Last edited by justsumdood; 18 June 2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Thank you all for your interest in the project. What Spux needs now more than ever is your support to make it a success. So if you are tired of fiddling with WINE to use Ventrilo, come join us and get involved.

irc.freenode.net #spux

Comment

Originally posted by msierks View Post
          Thank you all for your interest in the project. What Spux needs now more than ever is your support to make it a success. So if you are tired of fiddling with WINE to use Ventrilo, come join us and get involved.

irc.freenode.net #spux
          are you part of the dev team?

Comment

Yes I am part of the development team, I am also the founder.

Comment

well hell man. If you need a bug catcher im hear for you. I cant help program the thing because unfortunately im one of the few people at phoronix who cant XD.

Comment

That is okay we have plenty of developers atm. But bug catchers and funding is needed, developers meet on irc.freenode.net #spux as well as who ever else is interested.

Comment

I did not try it, but instead of a Linux only client I usally would prefer a mulitplattform client. The gui should not be the problem, that looks like GTK which is used by Pidgin too and this is available for all. You would definitely attract much more users that way. First convice em to use your tool - that does not require a change of the os usually. All good tools are mulitplattform like Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, Pidgin...

Comment

Yes that is something the project is planned to head in the future, but for now it's Linux only. Porting most of the code to other OS's will not be difficult therefore it can wait till a working Linux client has been achieved as that is needed most at this point.

Comment

well i have been falling behind in my donations so heres 5 bucks for good luck. Ders been alot of deserving projects lately so you all need to share .

Hopefully ill be back on a linux machine shortly.

As for multiplatform, unless you make it better then the real vent client its unlikely you will make much of an impact. BSD/Solaris might be a goal but mac/windows users are often too closed minded for their own good.

Comment

Working...
                      X