This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    And now, guess *why* those are your largest customers Because it sucks for the rest.
    They're the largest customers because they pay an awful lot of money. That's business. That the fglrx drivers (and let's all remember why it's called "fglrx" - firegl is the workstation series, not the home user graphics cards) have improved considerably in recent years shows that home user linux is a growing customer base. Let's add the open source push - if the open source drivers aren't as good as everybody wants them, you can not blame AMD for that one. Give it a break already.

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
      They're the largest customers because they pay an awful lot of money. That's business. That the fglrx drivers (and let's all remember why it's called "fglrx" - firegl is the workstation series, not the home user graphics cards) have improved considerably in recent years shows that home user linux is a growing customer base. Let's add the open source push - if the open source drivers aren't as good as everybody wants them, you can not blame AMD for that one. Give it a break already.
      I can blame them and I will. Because there's always NVidia to compare too. I will stop when Catalyst becomes usable, or when AMD starts saying "don't buy our cards if you have Linux."

If neither of those things happen, I will continue to spread the word: AMD cards on Linux suck.

Comment

I still can't play video with Kde4's compositor full screen.

Sucks i love transparency.
        Last edited by lordmozilla; 16 June 2009, 07:11 AM. Reason: deleted long rant cause well it's pointless

Comment

Continue Discussion @ http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17731
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X