Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZaReason Ion Breeze 3770

Phoronix: ZaReason Ion Breeze 3770

Last week we published an in-depth article looking at the NVIDIA ION Linux Performance using a nettop device that contained this chipset with GeForce 9400M graphics rather than the usual Intel 945 graphics. From video playback to 2D to 3D, the graphics performance with the NVIDIA ION was wonderful. For that testing, the nettop we were using came courtesy of ZaReason and it was their new Ion Breeze 3770. In this review we are taking a closer look at the ZaReason Ion Breeze 3770 hardware.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This looks like a really, really nice HTPC, though you completely forgot to test the audio outputs! (at least I can't find something about it)

In my opinion the Nvidia Ion platform is extremely nice as a HTPC because compared to Intel graphic cards it supports VDPAU. For a nice HTPC it really is important to know if 5.1 channel audio through HDMI will work correctly. Also it is important to know if the audio through HDMI does not work, one can fall back to the integrated coaxial or optical SPDIF output and if that supports at least 5.1 audio channels.

These are really important thing to me you should consider when testing such a Nvidia Ion based platform.

Comment

I wonder how the ION compares to the newer 330 Atoms.

Comment

The case looks a lot like the DTX form factor AMD made open and free.

Could this be the first DTX computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
          The case looks a lot like the DTX form factor AMD made open and free.

Could this be the first DTX computer?
          It's mini-ITX computer, not DTX. And DTX motherboards and cases have been around for quite awhile now. They're not as prevalent as mini-ITX, but they've been around.
          Last edited by nightmorph; 15 June 2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

ZaReason aren't a serious company, unfortunately

ZaReason aren't very serious. Their 15" Strata 2660 laptop has been listed as "Out of Stock" for weeks. What's the point of showing something on the website if you have no intention of selling it? This isn't professional at all, and it just annoys potential buyers who waste their time trying to find something that they can, you know, BUY....

Comment

Originally posted by nightmorph View Post
              It's mini-ITX computer, not DTX. And DTX motherboards and cases have been around for quite awhile now. They're not as prevalent as mini-ITX, but they've been around.
              I had no idea, that there exists DTX cases, but I don't think you can buy that Gigabyte DTX board.

Asus had also shown a DTX board, but it never hit the shops

For a long time I had the feeling that AMD was keeping the mainboard manufacturers from releasing DTX boards until AMD had a very low power chipset, IGP and CPU to sell along with it.

Now I think DTX is dead

Comment

Working...
              X