Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 Enters Beta

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 Enters Beta

The first beta release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 "Sandtorg" has been made available by Phoronix Media. Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 introduces an official GTK2 user-interface, over 100 test profiles, many new test suites, and a variety of new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael:

Didn't really want to start a new thread... so I'll put a few things here.

A few issues I've had with the 2.0 Beta:

1. Libperl-dev must be installed or the ImageMagick Compilation won't work. (Perhaps add to list of packages added to Ubuntu apt-get?)

2. LightsMark won't run when used in the universe-x or opengl-demo tests. (It gives a "wrong parameter" warning.) It will run if you just run it alone.

The Parameter in opengl-demos.xml that won't work:
    <Arguments>$VIDEO_WIDTHx$VIDEO_HEIGHT</Arguments>

A Parameter that will work: (Note the single quotes)
    <Arguments>$VIDEO_WIDTH'x'$VIDEO_HEIGHT</Arguments>

OTHER NOTES:
    Smokin-guns wont work: Missing libXxf86dga.so.1 (But it is in /usr/lib... a bad link? x64 vs x86 issue?)
    Vdrift runs but then locks up at the end. (Maybe a driver issue... because it worked on the Catalyst 9.5 driver. I'm using 9.6 now.)
    Last edited by keithlm; 19 June 2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

vdrift is a driver issue. You can use

SKIP_TESTS="vdrift" phoronix-test-suite ...

or you could put it for example in

/etc/environment

Till the driver issue is resolved.

Comment

Hi Keith,

Those two issues are now fixed in Git, thanks.

Regarding smokin-guns, maybe. VDrift currently has a shader bug with the Catalyst driver that causes it to lock-up when exiting, but it will be fixed in Catalyst 9.8.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X