When Will AIGLX Come For ATI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Will AIGLX Come For ATI?

Well, if ATI/AMD does not introduce a fglrx driver capable of handling AIGLX to support Beryl and Compiz (without XGL!) by the end of this calendar year (December 31, 2007), I will switch all my personal machines from ATI Radeon graphics back over to the green side with NVIDIA. Or I may also switch over to using Intel graphics in my notebooks and desktops. At the end of this year it will be roughly 18 months (and 18 releases) where they could have added this support.
    Michael Larabel is an American entrepreneur, software engineer, and open-source/Linux performance analyst.

When do you think the Beryl/Compiz support will arrive for the fglrx binary blob drivers?

Remember, I wouldn't make an uneducated statement that would risk me replacing all my graphics cards
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

No later than June... I hope.. While eye-candy is good I'm more anxiously awaiting the new redesigned OpenGL driver .. Ideally released simultaneously
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
    X