Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Can you guys consider to test ArchLinux vs. Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse, or other Distro. next time?

Many Arch Linux user seems to be very proud of their OS performance, and claims that the Arch is the fastest Distro. on the i686 system.

I wonder if that's true or not. I couldn't find any benchmark tests of Arch Linux on the interent...

Comment

Originally posted by feistybird View Post
      Hi,

Can you guys consider to test ArchLinux vs. Fedora, Ubuntu, Suse, or other Distro. next time?

Many Arch Linux user seems to be very proud of their OS performance, and claims that the Arch is the fastest Distro. on the i686 system.

I wonder if that's true or not. I couldn't find any benchmark tests of Arch Linux on the interent...
      Arch is fast yes, but the fastest are the source based distros, like gentoo simply because you can tweak your system to maximum during compilation.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        Arch is fast yes, but the fastest are the source based distros, like gentoo simply because you can tweak your system to maximum during compilation.
        Exactly. When comes to Arch vs. Ubuntu (if the same kernel, gcc and apps versions are used) performance shouldn't differ much in Phoronix benchmarks. You may feel Arch is faster, because there aren't so many scripts like those used in Ubuntu, but they shouldn't affect mentioned tests.
        Last edited by kraftman; 19 June 2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X