Native Multi-Touch Support On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    I do not really like touching the display all the time. Maybe usefull for little devices. Or do displays clear now themself from fingertips
    But that's just 1 way of inputting multitouch commands, and quite frankly, I think the one they had available.
    What do you think about Apple's (and some netbooks', these days) multi-touchpads?

Comment

Multi-touch is also incredibly useful for trackpads ^_^

I see someone else commented on that before me. Whoops!

Yeah, the MacBook's multi-touch is incredible, although a little too prone to error (particularly trying to right-click with two fingers).

Comment

Originally posted by diagonal_mambo View Post
        Multi-touch is also incredibly useful for trackpads ^_^

I see someone else commented on that before me. Whoops!

Yeah, the MacBook's multi-touch is incredible, although a little too prone to error (particularly trying to right-click with two fingers).
        I just want to say that mac is not the first multitouch pad and the only one touchpad proposing this feature.

I'm on a asus laptop and here is the default multitouche :
        3 thingers mean right click
        2 thingers mean middle click (or scroll if you slide)
        1 = select or clic
        etc... with of course the default scroll on right side and bottom etc.

In my school class, half of the users using linux have this feature enabled. (I want to precise is not the case under windows...) "driver missing feature perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by dl.zerocool View Post
          In my school class, half of the users using linux have this feature enabled. (I want to precise is not the case under windows...) "driver missing feature perhaps...
          This actually works out-of-the-box with linux? Sweet.
          How about pinching your fingers and stuff like that? I guess it doesn't work with any apps by default, but does it at least create some kind of key-event or similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            This actually works out-of-the-box with linux? Sweet.
            How about pinching your fingers and stuff like that? I guess it doesn't work with any apps by default, but does it at least create some kind of key-event or similar?
            Yes it works by default.

Didn't tried as you said there's no apps using it.
            But I think everything is possible since it can detect 3 thingers to do right clic and 2 thingers scrolling...

Comment

Working...
            X