Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisplayLink Linux Driver Continues To Mature

Phoronix: DisplayLink Linux Driver Continues To Mature

It was just one week ago that there was an update released to the DisplayLink X.Org driver and its kernel frame-buffer module, but there is now yet another update available. This time around the xf86-video-displaylink driver is at version 0.3 and it adds preliminary support for RandR and eliminates its ShadowFB support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

nVidia, learn a lesson from DisplayLink

Comment

I just bought two mini monitors just to play with this.

I've been waiting for DL under linux for years (I didn't know someone had reverse engineered a lot of it already)

Comment

In turn the Intel X.Org driver can then use the Intel IGP to draw the screen contents in an accelerated fashion before handing it over to the monitor attached via the DisplayLink USB device.
        This is exciting. One of the reasons I haven't bought a new laptop is that most still ship with VGA ports, and I have a nice DVI KVM already. This would be a nice way to side-step the issue.

Comment

This article says "DisplayLink became Linux friendly"
          I would just like to point out that Displaylink are not as Linux friendly as they seem.
          4 years later we still don't have decent, working Displaylink drivers for many Displaylink adapters.

Comment

Working...
          X