Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing At Length About X Input 2.0

Phoronix: Writing At Length About X Input 2.0

X Input 2 was finally merged into the X Server this past week that brought a much needed update to this input device extension for X.Org. Most prominently, X Input 2 can handle Multi-Pointer X much better.For those interested in more details surrounding the X Input 2.0 extension, Peter Hutterer has written at length about this input extension update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm assuming this solves the age-old problem of relative mouse movements? Any mouse-capturing application was affected by this shortcoming. From Wine games, to emulators, to native Linux games.

Comment

I wonder if it will be possible to use XInput 2 to make a mouse driver that works with high-resolution mice (i.e. 2000dpi and above) to report sub-pixel positions and use a lower effective DPI. This could be good for games, and would be good for graphics and audio programs.

Comment

Working...
      X