ASUS starts to suck severly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS starts to suck severly

Incredibly cheesy flash vid. Why does ASUS do such a thing and goes to bed with MS? I think I have to vote with my wallet again and tell ASUS about that.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    http://itsbetterwithwindows.com/

Incredibly cheesy flash vid. Why does ASUS do such a thing and goes to bed with MS? I think I have to vote with my wallet again and tell ASUS about that.

Money incentives, better compatibility, less returns.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Money incentives, better compatibility, less returns.
      Let's not forget that Asus does not need Linux. Linux needs Asus. Like every good company, they place their own well being above the few geeks using Linux. Linux has to give companies an incentive to support it, NOT the other way around. Asus is doing just fine. Linux isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Let's not forget that Asus does not need Linux. Linux needs Asus. Like every good company, they place their own well being above the few geeks using Linux. Linux has to give companies an incentive to support it, NOT the other way around. Asus is doing just fine. Linux isn't.
        Yup cater to your target audience. You don't dump millions of dollars into marketing and R&D, for ~1-2% of the marketshare when you can market to 90+% of the market. Doing otherwise is called financial suicide.

Comment

I think I have to vote with my wallet again and tell ASUS about that.
          Whose wallet do you they think they care about? Your 1 wallet or the other 90+ people's wallet that in a group of 100.

Comment

Microsoft sponsors this ridiculous shit all the time. Anyone who actually fallows this is a stupid consumer to begin with. Look at the target audience for example. This wont be beneficial for microsoft at all. Asus is getting free money. I guess they figured everyone was buying windows netbooks anyway. I cant blame them when these netbook manufactures put retarded distributions on them.

Look at them type on the eeepc in the vid. I could do a better job smashing my face on it. Anyone who knows what a "linux" is would at least have the typing ability of a 3rd grader. This,, for the 2 seconds of typing in the whole video. Netbooks and the eeepc especially are simply not made for anyone over the 3rd grade because any grown person cant use proper hand positioning due to the compact size.

This vid tells me 1 thing. The eee pc with windows xp.
            For people who dont know how to type.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              http://itsbetterwithwindows.com/

This is sad I agree, but to be honest: who is surprised? We already know that Microsoft offers incentives to OEMs. This is just a more in-your-face example of that.

On a brighter note, I think it's amazing that microsoft has felt this site was even necessary. I mean, considering linux has an infinitesimal marketing clout compared to microsoft (have you ever seen a Xandros ad?), to have them set up a PR campaign just to fight linux means that someone at redmond sees a threat. And that's a pretty amazing achievement in the face of the microsoft monopoly.

Comment

The chick is hot thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                  The chick is hot thought.
                  You can tell what she's thinking?!

Comment

You'd think that Asus's decision to ever use Linux in the first place was a calculated one. Probably they did focus groups and the people not willing to buy a linux netbook because it's unfamiliar etc were outweighed by all the people who were much more likely to buy a linux netbook simple because it would be cheaper.

So somebody just needs to make the argument to Asus that findings like that (findings that have an impact on Asus's bottom line) are not to be thrown out the window just because the CEO played a round of golf with some Microsoft guy (or whatever).
                    Last edited by StringCheesian; 04 June 2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X