Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Major.Kong View Post
    Populous: The Beggining (Bullfrog/EA)
    Imperialism II: Age of Exploration* (Frog City Software)

*Not sure if the game is considered abandonware...
    Populous: EA owns that. I'll need slightly more traction than I have right now. Let me revisit that one mid-year. It's a maybe...

Imperialism: There isn't any such thing as "abandonware". There's always a rights holder and they either license it under whatever license they choose, or relegate it to the public domain (which is as close as you get to "abandonware"...). As for the game, 2K owns that through it's ownership of TakeTwo. Same story as Populous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Populous: EA owns that. I'll need slightly more traction than I have right now. Let me revisit that one mid-year. It's a maybe...

Imperialism: There isn't any such thing as "abandonware". There's always a rights holder and they either license it under whatever license they choose, or relegate it to the public domain (which is as close as you get to "abandonware"...). As for the game, 2K owns that through it's ownership of TakeTwo. Same story as Populous.
      Are you sure ? I think Imperialism II is ubisoft's property (http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=30).

PS: Let me rephrase that "abandonware" bit, it's no longer actively sold by Ubisoft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post

Are you sure ? I thought it was Ubisoft's property (http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=30).

PS: Let me rephrase that "abandonware" bit. No longer actively sold by ubisoft.

Comment

• Way out there, but it needs to be asked. Elder Scrolls 5? Not aware of any Linux hostility there (especially given that ZeniMax allowed Arkane Studios to release the Arx Fatalis source under GPL).

It's not scheduled for release until 11-11-11 (a bit more than 9 months), but maybe poking Bethesda about a possible port could get interest rolling. They don't use Gamebryo anymore.. they have a new engine they created themselves, though they do (at least) use Havok and Havok Behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Major.Kong View Post
            Are you sure ? I thought it was Ubisoft's property (http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=30).

PS: Let me rephrase that "abandonware" bit. No longer actively sold by ubisoft.
            Heh... I was going off of where the studio went. If UbiSoft's got it, it'd just be one of six of one, half dozen of another. They've not shown themselves to be actively hostile to the notion of Linux versions (Unlike Atari...) but like Blizzard-Activision, they either have internal-only Linux versions or did things like with Prey. I'll look into it- no longer sold doesn't equate to a "maybe", though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Way out there, but it needs to be asked. Elder Scrolls 5? Not aware of any Linux hostility there (especially given that ZeniMax allowed Arkane Studios to release the Arx Fatalis source under GPL).

It's not scheduled for release until 11-11-11 (a bit more than 9 months), but maybe poking Bethesda about a possible port could get interest rolling. They don't use Gamebryo anymore.. they have a new engine they created themselves, though they do (at least) use Havok and Havok Behavior.
              Hm... There's a couple possible ZeniMax deals out there to maybe be had. Havok doesn't prevent it from happening, just so you know. It's in the "maybe" list... I'll do a bit of checking here in the next couple of weeks to see what they might have to say.

Comment

• Here's a game I'd love to see ported: Beat Hazard.
                It's basically a playable visualization for your music, and it's incredibly addicting.
                They (Cold Beam Games) primarily use steam for publishing of their PC version though, so probably the only way they'd be interested in a port is if steam really would come to linux. But if it does I guess they'd be all for it, as they're already in the process of porting to the Mac.

Comment

• sins of a solar empire

Comment

• Originally posted by F-GT View Post
                    sins of a solar empire
                    Don't know if you could convince Stardock of that. At one point in time, they had a port of one of their games in progress, but the consultant boggled on them and they've kind of soured on the idea. I've got a bit o' ammo in hand from two successful (sales-wise...I've had other technically successful ones...) combined with the HIB#1 figures to go talk w/them about things. I'm sure they might not mind a few tablet and mobile versions of some of their games in the e-Stores... :-D

Comment

• Telltale Games

Hi, I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before, but it would be really nice to have some of their games on Linux- they've expanded well beyond where they were a couple years ago, and now do simultaneous PC & Mac releases.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X