Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Sure looks sweet, but it's built with XNA, and that might be a problem.
    Originally posted by Beatnik
    Yes, currently we are working on PS3 and Wii Ware versions. This will be released a year after Plain Sight PC, so Q1 2011
    Since they're working on PS3 and WiiWare, XNA's not QUITE the problem you'd think it was...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Since they're working on PS3 and WiiWare, XNA's not QUITE the problem you'd think it was...
      Oh goodie! Because there's nothing I don't like about a game with "suicidal ninja robots"!

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
        Oh goodie! Because there's nothing I don't like about a game with "suicidal ninja robots"!
        It sounds kinda fun- my kind of game.

I'm trying to get the wrap on Caster 1.3 (Chapter 2) for Linux- I got the problem that was keeping it from shipping sorted out and since it's been so delayed, I thought I'd add a few gems onto the plate for the release as a "sorry" for it taking so long over the next couple of days... (Blame my day job for that one. No longer a problem though...) Once I get it out and Cortex Command into beta, I'm kicking things into a higher gear and talking to quite a few more studios. This game's on the short list right now.

As an aside, I'll be getting to updating the list here in a bit and opening up a new thread to keep track of it all. As a note, if you don't see something on the list in the new thread and think it was mentioned, don't be bashful- speak up.

Comment

• HI Svartalf

What is happening with Igios?

Do you know something about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbudny View Post
            HI Svartalf

What is happening with Igios?

Do you know something about this?
            I only know what they are publicly announcing: This is the June 2010 update..

Sounds like they're chugging along right at the moment, if the update's to be believed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              ...I thought I'd add a few gems onto the plate for the release as a "sorry" for it taking so long over the next couple of days...
              64-bit build!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                64-bit build!?
                Maybe...

There might be a bit more than that in the cards, but 64-bits, ARM, and a few other things are in the plan for the next little bit.

Comment

• http://sol.gfxile.net/dr_gdm.html - An article about porting Death Rally from DOS to Win32. At the end, the author mentions a few classic titles he wouldn't mind porting (and even open sourcing) if the rights holders could be tracked down:
                  Now that this project is over and done with, I'd love to get my hands on several other classics - preferably as open source. Some of the classics I'd love to port into modern systems include:

Ignition by Unique Development Studios (UDS)
                  Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri by LookingGlass Studios (LGS)
                  Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 by Adeline Software International
                  Outcast by Appeal
                  Dune by Cryo Interactive
                  Might be an opportunity for collaboration?

(I'm a little bit annoyed that Death Rally only got a port, and no source release, it's still bound to an archaic platform and will need to be ported again in the future. Then again, maybe I'm just bitter about there not being a Linux port... )

Comment

• Kalypso Media is apparently developing a Dungeon Keeper clone, with the imaginative title "Dungeons":
                    Zu den Produkten der Kalypso Media gehören die sowohl bei Kritikern als auch Spielern beliebte Tropico-Serie mit Tropico 3, Tropico 4 und Tropico 5…

They at least own the rights for a few games (Jack Keane, Airline Tycoon) with Linux ports so they might be open to the idea of a new port.

Comment

• http://www.xenonauts.com/index.php < Yet another attempt at capturing what made UFO special. Maybe this one will succeed? I think they intend to charge money for it....

Comment

Working...
                      X