Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

As LGP and RuneSoft reseller in Poland I talking with CD-Projekt about buying license for polish language version for some game. So I can talk with CD-Projekt about Witcher and gog.com
    but I need some customers (strong support from them), all depends on polish customers unfortunately they aren't intrested in buying games for Linux.

Check out english version of Wupra.com

I wonder what happen with Payback Linux version.

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek View Post
    As LGP and RuneSoft reseller in Poland I talking with CD-Projekt about buying license for polish language version for some game. So I can talk with CD-Projekt about Witcher and gog.com
    but I need some customers (strong support from them), all depends on polish customers unfortunately they aren't intrested in buying games for Linux.
    Why don't you work to the larger picture on that stuff. You should be able to arrange larger distribution in europe

Check out english version of Wupra.com

I will...

I wonder what happen with Payback Linux version.
    Heh... You'd have to ask the gent that went by the handle theoddone33 recently in this forum, namely one Dan Olson. I won't say either way as he'd gotten pretty far with the port last time I'd heard anything about it. Who knows, maybe he ought to revive it if he's still got rights access- might make for a nice Android/WebOS/Maemo game.

Default Join Flotilla or Astrochicken pirates will get you

From what I saw on Flotilla page, gameplay looks awesome. My first tough was "a tactical Homeworld".

Sadly it uses XNA, maybe when MonoXNA matures "a little".

http://www.blendogames.com/flotilla/

Linux thread on BlendoGames forum

Brendo:
    I'd be interested to hear how Flotilla performs (if at all) on OS X/Linux.

I'm trying to remember, were Lucas Arts properties no go? Because Armed and Dangerous would be a good one.

Solium Infernum (http://www.crypticcomet.com/games/SI..._Infernum.html) has no forum, and I see no mention of Linux anywhere. Sort of a black box. Indie turn-based strategy; apparently successful.

I was going to suggest AI War, too, but "The game is coded in C# 3.5, and the Mono framework does not yet support that."

Quote Originally Posted by sobkas View Post
    Linux thread on BlendoGames forum

Brendo:
    I'd be interested to hear how Flotilla performs (if at all) on OS X/Linux.
    And this is why you don't use things like XNA...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I'm trying to remember, were Lucas Arts properties no go? Because Armed and Dangerous would be a good one.
    They're definitely not a first rung chance right at the moment- but you never know, might change a bit over time as we get more titles on our platform of choice. Armed and Dangerous looked kind of fun on the box when I saw one a while back.

Solium Infernum (http://www.crypticcomet.com/games/SI..._Infernum.html) has no forum, and I see no mention of Linux anywhere. Sort of a black box. Indie turn-based strategy; apparently successful.
    I'll add it to the list shortly.

I was going to suggest AI War, too, but "The game is coded in C# 3.5, and the Mono framework does not yet support that."
    C#'s a problem out of the gate. Any substantive API edge that'd be usable for game development is liable to trip over at least one or more Microsoft patents. It's the venus flytrap of development- they want you pretty much locked in on Microsoft platforms- and it's "good enough" to sucker punch people with.

@svartelf: Whatever happened wth SunAge, it sounded very promising and looked like a really great game but it is no where to be found on the list.

Hmm
    Iron Sky: Operation Highjump
    What platforms will the game support?
    PC (both Windows and Linux) at first, but console versions are very possible.
    Is LGP publishing it? Anyways there seems to be some kind of task system where every one can register and take a part.

Sacraboar - capture-the-pig strategy game.

Sounds like the developers are open to the idea at least.