No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is IL-2 Sturmovik still a possibility? Am I the only one interested in it?

For those unfamiliar, IL-2 is an awesome WW2 combat flight sim. The physics and damage model are very impressive and the gameplay, which not as fast paced as the quake style games is very fun and addictive.

Comment

• I've asked the makers of the newly announced Pioneering: http://www.huntersofkentucky.com/about.html about the possibility of a Linux version:
      Any information on what renderer type ( DirectX/OpenGL ) and operating system ( Windows/Linux/Mac OS X ) the game will run on ?

I'm interested on the possibility of a Linux native version.
      Answer:
      At the moment Pioneering will require Direct X9 and will run only on windows XP and Vista. Unfortunately we do not have any plans for a linux version of our title at this moment,

Darren
      Pioneering, Producer
      But i'm just a player, not a dev.

Comment

• What about the indie game "Castle Crashers"?
        I saw a video on youtube yesterday and that game looks really awesome. Mabye something to boost up usage of penguin play?

greets

Comment

• Originally posted by penguin_from_hell View Post
          What about the indie game "Castle Crashers"?
          I saw a video on youtube yesterday and that game looks really awesome. Mabye something to boost up usage of penguin play?

greets
          Is that the same Castle Crashers that was on Xbox 360? If so, could be a bit tricky.

Comment

• what about blue-bytes the settlers-3 or 4?

Comment

• Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
              Is that the same Castle Crashers that was on Xbox 360? If so, could be a bit tricky.
              Yep. But it looks like the dev's will get a ps3 port done within the next year as well.

www.castlecrashers.com

Comment

• If the "being looked into" for Fallout 1&2 turned out to get more realistic, i'd love to seeArcanum also ported, because it mainly uses the same graphics engine (see Review), and IMHO has one of the best written storys and scenarios along computer RPGs.
                Victorian-age steampunk, a great load of details all along and the beautiful soundtrack all combine to a nice game, would love to see this running natively on Linux

Comment

• As an update, I was rather snowed under at work for the last little bit...

I'll be going through the list and there's a few efforts starting on some of the picks in the list that will get announced as the results of the inquiries come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by wirrbeltier View Post
                    If the "being looked into" for Fallout 1&2 turned out to get more realistic, i'd love to seeArcanum also ported, because it mainly uses the same graphics engine (see Review), and IMHO has one of the best written storys and scenarios along computer RPGs.
                    Victorian-age steampunk, a great load of details all along and the beautiful soundtrack all combine to a nice game, would love to see this running natively on Linux
                    Heh... Arcanum would be nice. However, I'm not wholly sure who to start asking about that one. Would it be Activision-Blizzard who I think owns the publishing rights? What happened when Troika imploded? Lots of questions. I'll place this one in the "Looking Into" pile for now- but keep in mind that if it's A-B that controls it's fate, it's a coin-flip as to whether it'd happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by admax88 View Post
                      Is IL-2 Sturmovik still a possibility? Am I the only one interested in it?
                      IL-2 Sturmovik's nice. Ubisoft's got the publication rights and 1C's still around, I believe. It'll be put on the "maybe" list for now and as I get through the ones in progress, I'll see if we're getting enough traction elswehere to see if we can make a go at that one as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X