Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    ... and thats that UW is an indie and EPIC, doesn't really need Linux.
    Yeah but if they continue like this, soon enough are going to need every penny they can collect...

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      well few people know as much about this kind of stuff as you do . When you give us the thumbs up i will be 1 happy L33F3R. Until then its probably best to keep a conservative outlook with progressive thinking. A major factor comes into play, and thats that UW is an indie and EPIC, doesn't really need Linux. This day and age it would almost be stupid for an independent to ignore Linux as a potential market after recent successes as you state. Those fancy charts and slices of pie are working towards us.
      Indeed they are. Conservative's cool. Mildly cynical's even that. if you want my take on things.

We've had promises made before in the past only to have one of the main players we believed in fall through on them (...and we're still not sure what in the heck caused it, if you want the truth of the matter...Ryan's not telling nor is Epic, for that matter. It's odd to say the least to see Epic trying to throw the man under the bus on this... And he DID give them the server and then all of a sudden, he pulls all mention of UT3 from his online copy of his resume...) and it would leave many gunshy.

Only request I'd make if you're going to be cynical is not be QUITE as cynical as you were earlier in the thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        Yeah but if they continue like this, soon enough are going to need every penny they can collect...
        Heh... They did rather well with Gears of War. Sufficiently well enough to rate a sequel of the game. They have people lining up for the engine license, especially since you don't need to pay diddly if you're making a freebie game- and the rates are purportedly fair for Indies on up to the main-line publishers. If there was Linux/MacOS support it'd rock. But, as it stands right now, they're not hurting QUITE as bad as one would believe- they're just not sitting rosy like they were before the release of UT3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Heh... They did rather well with Gears of War.
          Yeah I forgot about that. Pity... pity...

Comment

• Machinarium should be taken off the list, it was available for Linux at the same time as Windows.

From the purchasing page:
            You will get download links for 3 versions of the game (Windows, Mac, 32bit Linux) and the soundtrack (in MP3 format).
            Last edited by ad_267; 14 December 2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
              Machinarium should be taken off the list, it was available for Linux at the same time as Windows.

From the purchasing page:
              Heh... They were still on the fence prior to the release- thanks for the catch... It'll be updated here...in a moment...

Comment

• The release of the ancient SimCity game is not called Metropolis. It is called Micropolis.

Comment

• Originally posted by King InuYasha View Post
                  The release of the ancient SimCity game is not called Metropolis. It is called Micropolis.
                  What's really odd about the error there is I actually knew that and the goof up got in all the same... 0_o

Corrected in the list.

Comment

• Speaking of deals in progress, any news on Europa Universalis? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                      Speaking of deals in progress, any news on Europa Universalis? Just curious.
                      None as of yet... We signed paperwork only to have no word back. Going to be rattling cages over there at the same time I'm talking with UW over NS2.

Comment

Working...
                      X