No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could we ever see descent ported to amd64?

Comment

• DeathSpank is confirmed for Win and Mac now. Apparently as a direct result of fan requests, so who do I blow for a Linux port?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Yes. The toolchain I've got built up is shaping up nicely- but trying to get up to speed fully on removing assumptions for non-ARM systems so it'll build has stalled because I'm trying to get the betas out and get up to speed at a shiny new job that will allow me to more quickly do this stuff.

The plan is for anything that will fit on Pandora to be ported- which allows for a wide range of other ARM Linux based platforms as well.
        Sounds good now all I need is the money.

Oh you might get another platform to port to with the Panasonic Jungle...

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        DeathSpank is confirmed for Win and Mac now. Apparently as a direct result of fan requests, so who do I blow for a Linux port?
        Unless you are a hot girl I think this would only lower the chances of a port, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
          Sounds good now all I need is the money.

Oh you might get another platform to port to with the Panasonic Jungle...

Yeah, I caught that tidbit. As long as they're not fully locking it down for MMOGs, then I'll be targeting it as well once the ARM port's done- it'd just be packaging at that point. I'll just have to see what they're doing. Did anyone else that saw the pics of the Jungle think "Oh, a Pandora in a snazzy case..."?

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
            DeathSpank is confirmed for Win and Mac now. Apparently as a direct result of fan requests, so who do I blow for a Linux port?
            That would probably be more up to the publisher. If they DID do a version of Deathspank and Deathspank:TOV for Linux, I'd purchase the Linux version. (Now, one wonders...should I pester Hothead to see if it's in the chips or not, and if not, why... )

Comment

That would probably be more up to the publisher. If they DID do a version of Deathspank and Deathspank:TOV for Linux, I'd purchase the Linux version. (Now, one wonders...should I pester Hothead to see if it's in the chips or not, and if not, why... )
              Go ahead and pester. On a side note, I'm still sad that they never did the last 2 On the Rain Slicked Precipice of Darkness games. I bought and enjoyed the first two games and I love the Penny Arcade humor.

Comment

Did anyone else that saw the pics of the Jungle think "Oh, a Pandora in a snazzy case..."?
                Errr....more like "How did that Pandora become so jaw-droppingly ugly!?"

Oh and maybe Sidhe's Shatter? PhyreEngine, IIRC; supposed to be portable and such. Music by Jeremiah "Module" Ross.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                  Errr....more like "How did that Pandora become so jaw-droppingly ugly!?"
                  Heh... I'm budgeting up money for a second run unit (since I didn't have budget for the first run and lack of available time did me out of one of the dev units...sigh...) It can be viewed either way. As it stands, it's still a bit of an unknown. Specs on it that I've been able to find in short term indicate that it may not have ES 2.0. Doesn't kill Caster but other titles, maybe.

Oh and maybe Sidhe's Shatter? PhyreEngine, IIRC; supposed to be portable and such. Music by Jeremiah "Module" Ross.
                  Hm... PhyreEngine. I'd forgotten about that. It'd made a big splash that they were making a framework available for PS3 and PC's (Incl. Windows, MacOS, and Linux...) that would empower indies to do games on PS3 for download, etc. When the licensing details weren't immediately forthcoming on it I kind of quit following details about it.

I will have to see what Sony's story is on licensing on my part. If there's nothing other than cleanup and packaging and I can get access to source to ensure I'm targeting more than just X86-32 Linux, then yeah, there's no reason other than Sidhe saying no. If I've got to pay in some cash, it's not a no, but it'll have to wait a bit until I can justify that expense.

Comment

I will have to see what Sony's story is on licensing on my part.
                    Heh... I did some digging while I was waiting for a firmware update to push here at work...

Unless Sidhe Interactive gives me access to their copies of PhyreEngine, this one's going to have to wait until at least sometime next year. It's free to SCE Licensees and under VERY reasonable license terms otherwise. (It's such that I could legitimately do the work for Sidhe for anything they allowed to be ported over...) Otherwise, I think I can get an Indie dev license from them for $1200- if so, I might go and do that to pick off titles that'd have no excuse other than publisher resistance to providing a Linux version.

Comment

Heh... I did some digging while I was waiting for a firmware update to push here at work...

Unless Sidhe Interactive gives me access to their copies of PhyreEngine, this one's going to have to wait until at least sometime next year. It's free to SCE Licensees and under VERY reasonable license terms otherwise. (It's such that I could legitimately do the work for Sidhe for anything they allowed to be ported over...) Otherwise, I think I can get an Indie dev license from them for $1200- if so, I might go and do that to pick off titles that'd have no excuse other than publisher resistance to providing a Linux version.
                      Oh really? Don't suppose you have any links you could share? I noted a while back that it was PC platforms+PS3, so I was interested, but I couldn't find any good details on licensing terms or costs. That really is reasonable, all points considered; more so than Wiiware, even ($2k last I heard).

Comment

Working...
                      X