Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blablabla View Post
    http://racer.nl hasn't had a linux version since a long time, but the screenshots look really nice.

And isn't it possible to get gta1&2 ported to linux?
    These games are available for free
    These are free games. LGP needs to put food on the table

----

I can still be emailed @ l33f3r<at>l33f3r/dot/com if you dont feel like registering ill post it here. Please read before emailing me tho, 6 people emailed me about world of warcrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      ... (Ask a few of the people in the threads who have done a little of the initial leg work on a couple of the AAA titles- they'll tell you that the studio/publisher "want a solid business plan"- which typically translates into ponying up the access royalties that they want from you, what timelines you THINK you're going to take making it (i.e. they typically want set-in-stone deliverables dates, even if they aren't publishing it...), and what means you think you're going to use to market and sell the title.)
      is it possible for LGP and the linux gaming community to collaborate this way: the community commits an amount of money / prepays LGP to see a port done the named studio will be assured that they'll the money a minimum amount of money for a port

Comment

• Originally posted by KhaaL View Post
        is it possible for LGP and the linux gaming community to collaborate this way: the community commits an amount of money / prepays LGP to see a port done the named studio will be assured that they'll the money a minimum amount of money for a port
        That might not be a bad idea. The problem is that it is rather difficult to come up with the required money to acquire the licenses that those studios would accept for the porting to be done. Unless Michael and Svartalf plead to everybody that reads Phoronix. Then maybe we might come up with a portion of it. LGP would have to still absorb quite a bit of the licensing cost.

Comment

• I concur. That is a great idea.

Gabe recently had a piece similar to this.

Here's how most games are made: idea is pitched to publisher, publisher likes idea, risks millions of dollars funding said idea. Most of those risks end up as busts. So is there a better way of doing things?

Comment

• good you liked my idea i tried to push this onto stardock for a long while but it fell on deaf ears it seems...

Comment

• Not a gamerequest, but could you please pass the keyinput to the windowsmanager in futur games.
              This will allow alt-tabbing and volumecontrol while ingame.
              It's possible in HoN and Yo Franky

Comment

• Frozen Synapse from Mode 7, and perhaps their older game, Determinance?

Comment

• Games developed by SCS Software with their Prism3D engine wich support Linux.

Euro Truck Simulator
                  Bus Driver
                  18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul

Comment

• Games developed by SCS Software with use their Prism3D engine wich support Linux.

Euro Truck Simulator
                    Bus Driver

Comment

• Originally posted by Leszek View Post
                      Games developed by SCS Software with use their Prism3D engine wich support Linux.

Euro Truck Simulator
                      Bus Driver
                      Would you really play those?

Comment

Working...
                      X