Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
    If I recall correctly, the objective here is to not snipe things that LGP may be doing anyway.
    We -assume- that LGP will be porting X3:TC as well.
    I'd assume that the X3:TC port depends on how profitable X2 and X3:R ports were and on how much money Egosoft is asking for the distribution rights.

... In short, at this point, X3:TC Linux port is a pure speculation. (Where do I sign-up for the beta?!?!)

- Gilboa
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• Another addition to your maybe list:

Castle Crashers

One of the IDF2007 finalists. I really hated the dev's for not porting this great game to linux.

Maybe this could be a real option too.

greets

Comment

• they xbox 360 licenced...

Comment

• @Svartalf,
          how is the eu2 port coming?

i hear in the paradox forum that a team of modders is making a revamp of the EU2 engine, called 'for the glory'(yes i know, the name has NO english syntax, its made by some french guy). this is a product of them licensing the engine.

im sure this team of modders would love for you to port their 'new game' to linux. paradox is already making mac releases like candy, so im pretty sure everyone is in line for this event.

so the timing is PERFECT.

cheers and best of luck.

Comment

• slightly related. What about Corel software. Paintshop isn't Photoshop and WordPerfect isn't MSoffice but they are very good pieces of software. As I recall once upon a time Corel had a Linux distro.

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
              slightly related. What about Corel software. Paintshop isn't Photoshop and WordPerfect isn't MSoffice but they are very good pieces of software. As I recall once upon a time Corel had a Linux distro.
              Once upon a time, there were Linux native (IIRC, Corel Draw was compiled against winelib) versions of both. In fact, the availability of WP on Linux and Word being crap and unstable that finally pushed me to ditch Windows at the start of my final year at uni in the deep and distant past.

Comment

• well someone tell them to get their asses in gear and support us.

Comment

• I don't see how that would help, other than existing users of WP and PaintShop.

The vocal "Gimp/Openoffice isn't Photoshop/Word and I'm not putting in any effort to learn if it will do what I need" crowd aren't going to be swayed by Paintshop or WP for the same reasons, and those who do actually use features of Photoshop or Word that aren't implemented in Gimp or OOo aren't going to switch as those features probably aren't implemented in Paintshop or WP either.

Comment

• What happened to Mount & Blade? It used to be on the maybe list?

Anyway, there's a new multiplayer expansion in development.

Comment

• Originally posted by djack View Post
                      I don't see how that would help, other than existing users of WP and PaintShop.

The vocal "Gimp/Openoffice isn't Photoshop/Word and I'm not putting in any effort to learn if it will do what I need" crowd aren't going to be swayed by Paintshop or WP for the same reasons, and those who do actually use features of Photoshop or Word that aren't implemented in Gimp or OOo aren't going to switch as those features probably aren't implemented in Paintshop or WP either.
                      It all comes down to personal preference as far as word processors. Obviously OOo will never compete with MSoffice. Such competition would require commercial scale funds. This, and I prefer WP . Paint Shop on the other hand would not do so hot because anyone who does said artwork learns it in Photoshop. The learning curve is a bit smaller when you're talking about word processing...

Comment

Working...
                      X