Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks interesting:

Not only the game itself but the way the target audience is described makes it sound like they might be open for a Linux port?

Comment

• So.. when is Hostile Waters coming out?

It looks like DotEmu brought the idea of a "linux-only enhanced port" of Raptor to fruition, but for Windows (idea for something like that was posted here a while ago). So yeah, that's your fault for being so slow. Do better next time!

Comment

• I hope Brink will be ported to linux.

Comment

• According to this link from shacknews, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are being ported to Mac. Hopefully they will choose to expand their target to Linux as well.

Comment

• What about 'VVVVVV"? There's a Mac client available so it shouldn't too difficult to port over to Linux. The demo runs fine in Wine, but I'd prefer a native client if we could get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by eokiahn View Post
              What about 'VVVVVV"? There's a Mac client available so it shouldn't too difficult to port over to Linux. The demo runs fine in Wine, but I'd prefer a native client if we could get one.

Comment

• I'm surprised I missed that link before, thanks for the heads up. At least the dev actually acknowledges Linux gamers and tried to port it. I can't say I'm surprised that Flash causes yet another problem on Linux.

Comment

• Yeah, it's too bad. On the other hand, if you chain yourself to Adobe, you don't get any sympathy from me...

Comment

• I agree whizse, I couldn't imagine why anyone would develop with Adobe/Microsoft.

Comment

• Anyone heard of the Wintermute? It's some sort of "Engine Development Kit ... for creating and running graphical ?point&click? adventure games". The source is licensed under LGPLv3. At the moment the engine runs only in Windows.

What's interesting, however, is that there are some indie game companies using this engine in their games. For example the Finnish Turmoil Games uses the engine on its upcoming horror adventure game Alpha Polaris.

There is interest for a port among users, and apparently one user has also been thinking about doing a port -- but quite probably won't have enough time alone for it. So if there are people interested in helping him it could also bring some new commercial adventure games running native on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X