Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases 185.18.14 Display Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 185.18.14 Display Driver

NVIDIA hasn't released as many Linux driver updates in May as they have in past months, but this week they are out with the NVIDIA 185.18.14 driver update. This proprietary driver for x86 and x86_64 Linux features a variety of bug-fixes, VDPAU enhancements, and better support for newer Linux kernels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's nice from nvidia to release new drivers so often. But this doesn't give more games to use with those drivers.
    Could it be possible that Nvidia send one engineer or two to work with Epic on the release of UT3...

Of course, if AMD would have the same idea for either UT3 or another game that an editor would hesitate to port because of lack of manpower...

Bridgman, do you copy ??

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
      Of course, if AMD would have the same idea for either UT3 or another game that an editor would hesitate to port because of lack of manpower...

Bridgman, do you copy ??
      OMG, you count on AMD devs to help an already delayed game to be released? The same devs that take ages to add support for newer kernels and xorg releases.

Hah, I don;t even bother checking the changelog for nvidia, my desktop with nvidia works so great and drivers are so flawless I just upgrade and be happy.

Comment

Don't worry, support for new kernels is still higher priority than porting UT3 to Linux
        Test signature

Comment

Michael Marley aka thefirstm already has this driver up on his PPA for Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, and 9.10 alpha users.

Comment

He calls this driver 185.19.1~really185.18.14 since it's a lower version. He uses a false version so it can update. It's nice that I can have the latest nvidia driver without bricking my machine.

Comment

FreeBSD and Solaris versions do exist, they just aren't listed in the nvnews post:
              ftp://download.nvidia.com/freebsd/185.18.14/
              ftp://download.nvidia.com/solaris/185.18.14/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases 185.18.14 Display Driver
                Am i the only one to see the future???
                ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/185.19/

Comment

Originally posted by adrian_sev View Post
                  Am i the only one to see the future???
                  ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/185.19/

Comment

Does this mean they took a wrong turn in their development and had to take a step back to work from an older revision?

Comment

Working...
                    X