Installing ATI Radeon HD 2400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing ATI Radeon HD 2400?

Is it possible? I'm relatively new to linux, and I'm using Debian Lenny. My laptop has an ATI Radeon HD 2400 in it and I've been trying to install it for several days now, has anyone had any success in installing the ATI proprietary driver for a 2400? As I have tried to install it several times, with no success.
    Last edited by Joundill; 28 May 2009, 02:47 AM.

Works for me... then again mine isnt a mobility... but they are the same family...

Fedora 11
    Catalyst 9.5
    GCC 4.3.2

Comment

Originally posted by Joundill View Post
      Is it possible? I'm relatively new to linux, and I'm using Debian Lenny. My laptop has an ATI Radeon HD 2400 in it and I've been trying to install it for several days now, has anyone had any success in installing the ATI proprietary driver for a 2400? As I have tried to install it several times, with no success.
      What happens when you try to install ? Are you having the installer build packages (recommended) or doing a native install ?
      Test signature

Comment

I tried installing by making the .run file into .deb.... can't remember how at the moment. My computer works with the mesa driver I have at the moment, but I can't get direct rendering going. I have tried installing the proprietary driver several times with a black screen when the gnome login should appear. nothing happens when I press CTRL + ALT + F1 which is quite annoying.

I'll see if I can try install again listing everything that happens if that would help.

Any tips greatly appreciated

Joundill

Comment

Tried installing using guide there... apt can't find fglrx-source so the install messes up, I tried installing fglrx-kernel-src, but it throws an error, I'll try get the error up in a while, right now boot is black screening and I can't be bothered restoring xorg.conf for now, tomorrow I'll restore it and then see if I can post the logs and try to get fglrx-source.

Comment

Working...
          X