Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jaunty pouslbo ppa driver brings GMA500 HDMI + audio support to Linux

Hi Mike, Kano n' co!

Have you spotted that 2D, HDMI and HDMI audio is all working quite nicely for previously accursed pouslbo Linux users?? See the reports of my experience with these new drivers so far on this thread:

I recently bought the Dell Mini 12 (unfortunately the Vista version, ubuntu hadn't been offered yet) and have been trying to install various distros on it for quite a while but have had no success. Dell just started selling the Ubunutu version so the laptop should support it, but I can never get the installer to load X. I've been copying the image to a USB drive and booting from it. It loads, but when it goes to start X it stops and simply brings up the commmand prompt. Trying to start X

In that thread I express my dissatisfaction with GNOME's current screen config tool as beyond choosing the screen res and orientation it has no other config options. I know that suse have a better screen config tool within YasT but is there any such equivalent for Ubuntu and Debian users ie a more powerful gui to xrandr??

Well they use a dkms package for the kernel module + video driver. I would like to see a kernel patch however for the module. Did not try yet to compile that psb driver against Xserver 1.4. Maybe it would work for lenny too then.

Comment

Is there some kind of source to this driver so I can get it working on Debian?

Comment

Working...
      X