ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabby View Post
    Thank you very much for this info bridgman, is there a minimum number of level that must be present?
    One, AFAIK

Can level on one bios mean different thing on another, e.g. level 0 is idle on one card and peak settings on another?
    I think so but not 100% sure. Thought there was some kind of string or name that went along with each level describing what it was for but haven't really looked at it much. Once we get 6xx/7xx 3D a bit more solid we'll start looking at the power management bits in more detail.
    Last edited by bridgman; 10 July 2009, 10:21 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

Alright I sent you a private message with a new debug version, it should now be working properly. Let me know.
      Yeah, sabby, this version works well for my 4870x2 cards.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by wgbljl View Post
        Yeah, sabby, this version works well for my 4870x2 cards.

Thank you for your help.
        np, published a new version with that fix in it. Should now work in the general case for most gpu bios unless levels have different meaning on certain bios. Thankfully it seems that most of them use the same level ordering logic or nobody reported it yet...

Comment

Hello,

is it possible that a command line version will be released? The use of the Qt4 toolkit makes it hardly usable under Gnome...

A command line version would be usable under almost every linux.

Comment

Originally posted by hal2100 View Post
            Hello,

is it possible that a command line version will be released? The use of the Qt4 toolkit makes it hardly usable under Gnome...

A command line version would be usable under almost every linux.
            The main idea was to have a gui since aticonfig already provides most options through the command albeit minus voltage/fan control for now. If only voltage/fan control is needed over aticonfig the ADL SDK already has a working example which wouldn't take much to change without the parsing. Would rather expand the gui than work on a command line version, but might try to integrate a very basic one to give access to voltage/fan.

Comment

Thank you very much for producing this tool, it helps me quite a lot keeping my machine from freezing while running a 3D-application.
              Running it now in opensuse 11.1 with 2.6.27.25-0.1 kernel.
              catalyst 9.7 installed from generated rpm.
              Controlling an HD4870, the GPU is currently running @300Mhz and ram @ 500Mhz. Fan speed is not being reported correctly (5000%) giving errormessage in the shell. ("Error reading fan speed value") although my guess is that this is due to the card's bios, I have contacted the manufacturer about it and am awaiting their reply.
              gpu temp currently being reported to be 38 degrees celsius.
              Voltage @ 1083mV.

In short, your application has provided me with a workable system.
              Thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mars View Post
                Thank you very much for producing this tool, it helps me quite a lot keeping my machine from freezing while running a 3D-application.
                Running it now in opensuse 11.1 with 2.6.27.25-0.1 kernel.
                catalyst 9.7 installed from generated rpm.
                Controlling an HD4870, the GPU is currently running @300Mhz and ram @ 500Mhz. Fan speed is not being reported correctly (5000%) giving errormessage in the shell. ("Error reading fan speed value") although my guess is that this is due to the card's bios, I have contacted the manufacturer about it and am awaiting their reply.
                gpu temp currently being reported to be 38 degrees celsius.
                Voltage @ 1083mV.

In short, your application has provided me with a workable system.
                Thanks again!!!
                We have AMD to thank for the SDK, I can't tell you how much harder it would be to do a little apps like this without it. As far as the error I unfortunately forgot to print the error number in that statement, if you have some time I can make a debug version for you and sent it to you in a private message. Perhaps it is simply that your card doesn't support the fan speed by percentage request but only by rpm. Which seems like it could be it because 5000% seems like it could be a RPM value.

Comment

Yes, 5000 could be rpm of course.
                  If my testing a debug version could be of help, i would be glad to.
                  Feel free to contact me, please let me know if you need additional information.

Will be back in for testing again tomorrow.
                  Last edited by mars; 30 July 2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Hello, I tried your latest version listed on kdeapps. It appears to at least read my card's values correctly, however I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 4850 which does not have a fan.

Your app if run from the CLI continuously spams out "Error reading fan speed value", might be nice to have a switch(or autodetect of nofan) to stop this behavior.

NOTE: I did NOT try actually overclocking the GPU as I happen to feel that notebook parts are already sufficiently thermally stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by cutterjohn View Post
                      Hello, I tried your latest version listed on kdeapps. It appears to at least read my card's values correctly, however I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 4850 which does not have a fan.

Your app if run from the CLI continuously spams out "Error reading fan speed value", might be nice to have a switch(or autodetect of nofan) to stop this behavior.

NOTE: I did NOT try actually overclocking the GPU as I happen to feel that notebook parts are already sufficiently thermally stressed.
                      Will put that in the next version.

Comment

Working...
                      X