ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wgbljl View Post
    I am using the x64 version under opensuse 10.3 with dual 4870x2 cards.
    It always reports "Error getting overdrive performance levels, error:-4 "
    Does it support 4870x2?
    I sent you a private message with the link to a debug version, you can tell me what it prints out for number of adapter and number of performance levels. That should help locating the exact problem. If you could also post your catalyst version.
    Last edited by sabby; 09 July 2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

If someone else has a X2 card with the same problem let me know I can send you the debug version if the problems hasn't been fixed already.

Comment

Originally posted by sabby View Post
        I sent you a private message with the link to a debug version, you can tell me what it prints out for number of adapter and number of performance levels. That should help locating the exact problem. If you could also post your catalyst version.
        Hi Sabby, I have tested the beta version.

It reports:
        The overdrive performance levels:2
        The number of adapters:8

While I have dual 4870x2 cards in my system, so there should be 4 adapters. I remember that, when I tested the example code in ADL SDK, I got the same result that it reports 8 adapters. While in fact, there are only 4 active adapters.

My os is opensuse 10.3 64bit and the driver version is 9.6v in 64bit.

Comment

It reports:

While I have dual 4870x2 cards in my system, so there should be 4 adapters. I remember that, when I tested the example code in ADL SDK, I got the same result that it reports 8 adapters. While in fact, there are only 4 active adapters.

Alright I see what the problem is, I will fix it and send you another beta with private message so you can confirm if it works.

Comment

It reports:

On a side note I wish there was a little bit more documentation on the SDK, I browsed through most of the docs AMD released and can't find any info about performance levels. It's a mystery why my 4830 has 3 performance level and your 4870X2 only 2, maybe something in the driver that will be fixed later...

Comment

It reports:

Alright I sent you a private message with a new debug version, it should now be working properly. Let me know.

Comment

Alright I sent you a private message with a new debug version, it should now be working properly. Let me know.
                Thank you. I will test it.

BTW, as I have four cards in a system, if I tune the voltage with this tool, will it tune the four cards simultaneously?
                If so, could you make it tune each card seperately?

Comment

Thank you. I will test it.

BTW, as I have four cards in a system, if I tune the voltage with this tool, will it tune the four cards simultaneously?
                  If so, could you make it tune each card seperately?
                  Yes it would do it for all of them at the same time. However, I can add that feature in a future version.

Comment

On a side note I wish there was a little bit more documentation on the SDK, I browsed through most of the docs AMD released and can't find any info about performance levels. It's a mystery why my 4830 has 3 performance level and your 4870X2 only 2, maybe something in the driver that will be fixed later...
                    AFAIK the different number of levels is a function of the BIOS (ie specific to board SKU) not the driver.
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      AFAIK the different number of levels is a function of the BIOS (ie specific to board SKU) not the driver.
                      Thank you very much for this info bridgman, is there a minimum number of level that must be present? Can level on one bios mean different thing on another, e.g. level 0 is idle on one card and peak settings on another?

Comment

Working...
                      X