Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    This is what happens:

(starting from a recently logged in session)

- Load up application
    - If only the mem. slider is changed custom clocks are not applied. If I run glxgears the info tab on the application shows the original frequencies. Overdrive also shows the original peak frequencies
    - If I then change the GPU slider, both frequency changes apply correctly. If I run glxgears the info tab shows the correct new values for both GPU and memory. Overdrive correctly detects the new peaks now
    - From this point on both sliders work as they should. Changing the mem. alone produces the desired effect.
    - If I then proceed to reboot or log-out/log-in from my PC, I experience the same behavior when I launch the application (mem. frequency changes don't apply until I change the GPU frequencies)
    Not sure what could be causing that, what is always like that? For example with B3? Will have a look and try to reproduce it here, but so far had no luck reproducing the error.

Comment

B3 is also like that; there mem. frequency doesn't change until I change the GPU frequency every time. I just hadn't really notice it until B5. It's a little problem that's more of a slight annoyance really, and doesn't affect the overall usefulness of the application; it's not a show-stopper.
      Last edited by Melcar; 29 May 2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
        B3 is also like that. I just hadn't really notice it until B5. It's a little problem that's more of a slight annoyance really, and doesn't affect the overall usefulness of the application; it's not a show-stopper.
        For reference are you still using Catalyst 9.4?

Comment

I have been testing with beta 8.63. Will try with 9.4 latter today. By the way, the download links aren't working at the moment.

Edit: Tried it with 9.4 and observed same behavior. You think it's a BIOS thing? It's a shame that there aren't more people testing this. As I said, this isn't a "Oh my God, this program sucks" thing. Doesn't even bother me. It's just something that I noticed after playing around with the program a bit. As long as the app. does what it's supposed to do I'm happy, and since you can't reproduce the bug on your machine maybe it's just something specific that is happening with my setup.
          Last edited by Melcar; 29 May 2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Works on my dual card setup (although it only controls the first card), Debian Lenny/Sid amd64 under Catalyst 9.5
            Just released B6, which should address this, it should now control all card in the system. I can't try it on my machine since I only have one card but someone with multiple card/gpu can give it a spin and verify it works properly.

Comment

Anyone else getting a screen flicker with overdrive turned on?

It's like a quick glitch in the system, happening every so often.

I've tested with the overclocking utility and with aticonfig, same results.

Debian stable, fglrx 9.5 with 4870.

Comment

Nope.

Damn word limit.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
                  Anyone else getting a screen flicker with overdrive turned on?

It's like a quick glitch in the system, happening every so often.

I've tested with the overclocking utility and with aticonfig, same results.

Debian stable, fglrx 9.5 with 4870.
                  Interesting, I did have this screen flicker very rarely but never associated it with overdrive being enabled. It happens so few times though that it would be hard to say for sure what causes it, and nothing I have been able to repeat with success. Will try disabling for a while though see if it goes away over a period of time.

Comment

Flickering for 4850/4870 in Windows is associated with Memory Frequency changes.

BTW, I'm with the latest version and the lowest I can go on my memory is the stock 900MHz. Is it possible to go lower?

Comment

BTW, I'm with the latest version and the lowest I can go on my memory is the stock 900MHz. Is it possible to go lower?
                      That shouldn't be. You should be able to go as low as your idle speed, unless you modified your idle speed from the default setting? What is your idle speed setting?

Comment

Working...
                      X