ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@mtippett & Melcar: thanks

Btw, its possible to have an integration with the sensor applet in gnome & lm-sensor?

With my previous 8800gt i had the gpu and ambient temp on the panel.

Ps: i have a 4870 x2, the temp is referred to just one gpu? And the freq changes to both?

Comment

I don't have an X2, but according to the author the frequency value applies to both. I'm guessing the temperature reading as well (an average perhaps?) As for the temperature reading, I know you can do it under KDE (there is a plasmoid, and ksysguard can also read it once you set it up), but I'm not sure under GNOME.

Comment

This software is just what I need. I have HD4870 which I have to underclock, I save at least 30w by underclocking it.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to bypass your limit on underclocking? My stock clocks are 775/950, and the lowest I can go is 390/475, I'd like to go to at least 150/200.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaucous View Post
          I'd like to go to at least 150/200.
          Take care, going so low requires undervolt

Comment

Originally posted by elect View Post
            Take care, going so low requires undervolt
            Not a problem, I can undervolt with this software to 1083 mV, which is what I used in Windows. I'm able to go as low as 0.93 mV in Windows, but that requires me to use RivaTuner and so on.

Comment

hey I downloaded the b6 version and tried to run but no succes;(
              in my previous install of ubuntu 9.10 i could run it

ubuntu 9.10 (32) with libqtcore4, libqtgui4 installed

Comment

I have to check my email filters all of a sudden and don't get thread notifications anymore... A few answer comments on the last few posts.

Ps: i have a 4870 x2, the temp is referred to just one gpu? And the freq changes to both?
                As I am using the ATI ADL SDK it only present x2 card as one, so the frequency changes both but there is just one temp for both gpu. Somebody more familiar with the actual ASIC could comment if there is actually two sensor and if this will be exposed later in the SDK, also if there are actually two sensor how is the temperature exposed via the API calculated in the current API version.

This software is just what I need. I have HD4870 which I have to underclock, I save at least 30w by underclocking it.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to bypass your limit on underclocking? My stock clocks are 775/950, and the lowest I can go is 390/475, I'd like to go to at least 150/200.
                I remember releasing a fix that allowed to go lower. However if you are already using the latest version 1.0.5 and that's the lowest you can go then I will check on that. Before I was talking the lowest performance level reported by the card bios in a later version I switch to the lowest frequency reported by the API. Since on my card I couldn't go lower then the lowest setting (it would freeze even with undervolting) reported by the API I couldn't test see if the card accepts lower value then what the API says it will take. Perhaps I can try allowing 1 Mhz and then people can see if it works, worst case there is the same functionality as before and best case it works.

hey I downloaded the b6 version and tried to run but no succes;(
                in my previous install of ubuntu 9.10 i could run it

ubuntu 9.10 (32) with libqtcore4, libqtgui4 installed

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2vwcy2v/6
                The latest version is 1.0.5, and the later versions requires libqtnetwork because of the System Monitor (ksysguard) daemon.

Comment

I have a 5850, but the Voltage is already at the maximum, how can i go over?

Comment

I have a 5850, but the Voltage is already at the maximum, how can i go over?
                    Easily I believe you can't, those parameter coming from the API are taken from the card's bios. You would have to download one of the ati bios editor that is floating around on the internet, change the value and reflash your bios. A little bit troublesome but possible.

Comment

• and be carefull with flashing the bios and changing parameters. 'Grey screen of death' is probably caused with voltage/clock interacting when changing clock speed and voltage levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X