No announcement yet.

ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately -8 means unsupported, waiting to talk with some ati dev to get the scoop on what is implemented now, what will be implemented in the future, etc... Does the rest of the app work it crash? I would expect the rest to work at least let me know if it doesn't.
    Well, it looks like tball picture. So Values seems to be detected wrong. I had not the courage to change any value :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
      -Catalyst 9.5
      -HA3650 mobility
      -Stack trace
      -QT 4.5
      -Arch

Code:
      $ ./atioc_x86_64
      Error reading fan speed valueError getting overdrive performance levels, error:-8
      Error reading fan speed infoError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed valueError reading fan speed
      Backtrace:
      Couldn't get a sane backtrace. It didn't crash :-)

It doesn't recognize my clock etc it seems:
      http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9439/wrongclock.png
      Unfortunately -8 means unsupported, I should probably add a better error message then that. On the other hand I believe it is still possible to retrieve some information on non-supported car via the API but there seems to be no way to change it, so I'm not too sure how useful that would be. I wonder if this means only 4xxx series card have overdrive implemented in the API? Does someone with a R600/R500 GPU had any success?

Comment

I have a Radeon HD 2400 XT... the program loads and reads values... but I know they aren't right

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        Last edited by zeldaman55069; 29 May 2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

The program loads for me with my HD 2400 XT... but i know its not reading the right values... not to mention i have even touched any of the sliders and the info is reading my clock anywhere from -2000 to 15999
          O and this is on:

Fedora 10(32 bit)
          Ati Catalyst 9.5
          Ati Radeon HD 2400 XT
          QT 4.5

Edit:

terminal output is:

Error reading fan speed value
          Error getting overdrive performance levels, error:-8
          Error setting overdrive parameter, error:-8
          Error getting overdrive performance levels, error:-8
          Last edited by zeldaman55069; 29 May 2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeldaman55069 View Post
            I have a Radeon HD 2400 XT... the program loads and reads values... but I know they aren't right

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...gUtility10.png
            Pretty fast fan you have there. I put another version (B5) that fix a few problems. Amongst those it zero things out by default and show a gui message when it receives "unsupported overdrive" from the API then exits.

Comment

Last time I checked only r6xx/r7xx cards were supported by Overdrive. People with other cards should see if they can even use Overdrive (use the aticonfig --od options for the driver); I'm betting that if you can't, you can't use this either.

Edit: Memory overclocking doesn't seem to work with the last version; I can make the changes in the GUI and apply them, but Overdrive and PTS still report the same memory clocks. The notification icon now works.
              Last edited by Melcar; 29 May 2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Last time I checked only r6xx/r7xx cards were supported by Overdrive
                Strange because icek was reporting that his 3200HD was showing unsupported also.

Edit: Memory overclocking doesn't seem to work with the last version; I can make the changes in the GUI and apply them, but Overdrive and PTS still report the same memory clocks. The notification icon now works.
                Are you using the latest B5, there was a problem with B4, can you verify? I tested here and B5 works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sabby View Post
                  Strange because icek was reporting that his 3200HD was showing unsupported also.
                  Integrated chips (and I think mobiles too) I think are not supported by Overdrive.

Are you using the latest B5, there was a problem with B4, can you verify? I tested here and B5 works fine.

Yeah, B5. After further testing, I noticed that changes for the memory do in fact apply but only if I also change the GPU frequency. If I just change the memory frequency the clocks don't change (the GUI shows the change, but Overdrive doesn't); if I change both (GPU/mem.) Overdrive and PTS register the changes.

Comment

Yeah, B5. After further testing, I noticed that changes for the memory do in fact apply but only if I also change the GPU frequency. If I just change the memory frequency the clocks don't change (the GUI shows the change, but Overdrive doesn't); if I change both (GPU/mem.) Overdrive and PTS register the changes.
                    Can you try this:

-Start app
                    -Change just memory
                    -Click apply
                    -What does the info tab show? (Remembering that the info tab shows the current speed which is much lower then the peak value you are setting on the slider if you are at idle, so start glxgears before you check the info tab to make sure that you see the peak value there instead of idle)
                    -What does ati config show?

Comment

This is what happens:

(starting from a recently logged in session)

- Load up application
                      - If only the mem. slider is changed custom clocks are not applied. If I run glxgears the info tab on the application shows the original frequencies. Overdrive also shows the original peak frequencies
                      - If I then change the GPU slider, both frequency changes apply correctly. If I run glxgears the info tab shows the correct new values for both GPU and memory. Overdrive correctly detects the new peaks now
                      - From this point on both sliders work as they should. Changing the mem. alone produces the desired effect.
                      - If I then proceed to reboot or log-out/log-in from my PC, I experience the same behavior when I launch the application (mem. frequency changes don't apply until I change the GPU frequencies)
                      Last edited by Melcar; 29 May 2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X