No announcement yet.

ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabby, there is a way to overcome the speed core on my 5850?

Actually it is 775MHz, and is very frustating

On win i can easily reach 900..

Comment

• Originally posted by elect View Post
      Sabby, there is a way to overcome the speed core on my 5850?

Actually it is 775MHz, and is very frustating

On win i can easily reach 900..
      The maximum value is taken from the API which I believe takes it from the card's bios. What does aticonfig report as the max value that can be set at? Did you mean that 775 was the max stable value you could reach on linux or just the max value the app will let you set? If aticonfig reports a different value than my app then it could be a bug in my software, it seems unlikely since I just take the value reported by the API. On windows are you overclocking with the amd control panel or some third party app? If you are using the AMD control panel on windows and the max value it will let you set is different than the one reported by the aticonfig on linux then there might be a bug in the ADL SDK implementation.

Comment

• Licence

Hi Sabby,
        First of all, let me thank you for your great tool which is very useful to us.
        I am part of the biggest french speaking team (ie: L'Alliance Francophone) on BOINC (OpenSource software for volunteer grid computing to participate into the science research! Btw, I recommend you to participate if you have spare CPU cycle to give) and the Gnu/Linux?s members of the team (called Mini team Libristes) are more than thankful for your software!
        As we can use our graphic cards to compute complex calculations, having the ability to OC and to check the temp in an easy manner on our preferred system is excellent!
        We would like to promote the GPU calculation on GNU/Linux meanwhile your tool.
        Hence, to be able to release an archive containing some libs and your tool, we would like to know which license you use and then, if it was possible to create such an archive with your software, the whole, hosted on our server to share it with our community?
        Thank you for your answer.

Best wish from [AF>Libristes] Dudumomo

Comment

• Originally posted by dudumomo View Post
          Hi Sabby,
          First of all, let me thank you for your great tool which is very useful to us.
          I am part of the biggest french speaking team (ie: L'Alliance Francophone) on BOINC (OpenSource software for volunteer grid computing to participate into the science research! Btw, I recommend you to participate if you have spare CPU cycle to give) and the Gnu/Linux?s members of the team (called Mini team Libristes) are more than thankful for your software!
          As we can use our graphic cards to compute complex calculations, having the ability to OC and to check the temp in an easy manner on our preferred system is excellent!
          We would like to promote the GPU calculation on GNU/Linux meanwhile your tool.
          Hence, to be able to release an archive containing some libs and your tool, we would like to know which license you use and then, if it was possible to create such an archive with your software, the whole, hosted on our server to share it with our community?
          Thank you for your answer.

Best wish from [AF>Libristes] Dudumomo
          Not a problem it would have to be some proprietary license like including the clause of the SDK + a non commercial clause. I don't remember if I had already put that in the current release but if could have a look since the AMD license should be in there anyway.

Comment

• I thought there was a non commercial clause in the SDK but there wasn't so it would just have to be the SDK license clause.

Comment

• Okay I see, thank you for your reply.

I'm going to read the licence and see if there isn't any problem to do a package for our community.
              I'll let you know.

Thank you

Comment

• Hi sabby.

At first I want to say a big thanks for this tiny but very helpful tool.
                I'm using v1.0.5 to underclock my HD 4870 on my Ubuntu 10.04 32bit pc, which works flawlessly with the catalyst drivers (release 10-12).
                I set the card always to the lowest values given by the tool. In my case (GPU:250Mhz Memory:450Mhz Voltage:1237mV).
                After reading the entire post it seems like some people can go even lower. (about 200/200/1083)
                I also would like to go lower if its possible.
                But as far as I understand your tool uses the min/max settings given by the bios of the card.
                Is there a way to bypass them and set lower values than the min-settings?
                Or does it require reflashing my bios with lower min-settings to be able to go lower?

Comment

• Originally posted by tdr2k View Post
                  Hi sabby.

At first I want to say a big thanks for this tiny but very helpful tool.
                  I'm using v1.0.5 to underclock my HD 4870 on my Ubuntu 10.04 32bit pc, which works flawlessly with the catalyst drivers (release 10-12).
                  I set the card always to the lowest values given by the tool. In my case (GPU:250Mhz Memory:450Mhz Voltage:1237mV).
                  After reading the entire post it seems like some people can go even lower. (about 200/200/1083)
                  I also would like to go lower if its possible.
                  But as far as I understand your tool uses the min/max settings given by the bios of the card.
                  Is there a way to bypass them and set lower values than the min-settings?
                  Or does it require reflashing my bios with lower min-settings to be able to go lower?
                  Yes it depends on the bios, however I am not sure if it is possible that a card accepts a value outside its limit, my card didn't accept any value outside its reported range. I saw someone else on the forum who made a similar app you might want to give it a try perhaps his allows trying value outside the range, you can also try the aticonfig utility to see if your card will accept at least some core/memory setting outside its range. Otherwise, you would have to reflash. Not too sure it would be worth it for the few extra watt you might save over your current setting...

Comment

• I guess you mean this one:
                    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...OverdriveCtrl&
                    Tried it but got the same result as with your tool.
                    Also tried aticonfig, but it gives me just the following error and quits.

Code:
                    alex@alex-desktop:~$ aticonfig --adapter=0 --od-setclocks=250,400
                    ERROR - Set clocks failed for Adapter 0 - ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series         
                            Please check that input values were valid
                    alex@alex-desktop:~$
                    I guess that there is no way to get lower without reflashing, so I think I'll just stick with what I got and thats it. Well, with anything on min. I already save up to 25watts. And the temp is also falling from 80?C down to 57?C. Doesn't sound to bad.

Anyway thanks for your quick reply.

Comment

• Hi there sabby.
                      I would like to suggest a small change for your tool.
                      I'm using it now with autostart and "Reload OverDrive settings on startup" to get the frequencies set automatically at startup.
                      However it would be nice if the program would start already minimized to the panel without the need to close the window after every startup.
                      Its just a small change and if you could add it in your next release that would be nice.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X