ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to try that utility, but:

1. It seg faults under Arch 64-bit under kde 4.2.3, with all the QT libs installed.
    2. Where are the sourcecode?
    Do you know which catalyst version you are using and which gpu? Could you post a stack trace? As for the code was thinking of putting it up once it's more stable and cleaned up.

I'm also getting seg. faults with Ubuntu Jaunty.
    If you could also post a stack trace that would be helpful. In general, to have the following info would be useful

-64 or 32 bit
    -Catalyst version
    -Video card type
    -Stack trace
    -Qt libs version
    -OS

I had read in the AMD dev forum that support on pre r500 ADL API was not the same as r500+, e.g. some of the API that I used was not implemented for pre r500 card, still have to confirm this with someone or verify it myself...

I also updated the requirements. I hadn't put libdl and libpthread since most distro comes with it but just in case it might cause some problems...

Comment

- Ubuntu Jaunty 64bit
      - libqt 4.5.0
      - HD4850
      - Using a beta driver at the moment, but will revert to the 9.4 one to see if I get different results

Edit: Tried with 9.4 and it still seg. faults.
      Last edited by Melcar; 27 May 2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

One thing is bugging me. I can change core voltage with this program. How's that possible, when even on windows I can't do that ? (HD4850). Well I mean, the options is active,but I didn't test it... *suspicious*

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
          One thing is bugging me. I can change core voltage with this program. How's that possible, when even on windows I can't do that ? (HD4850). Well I mean, the options is active,but I didn't test it... *suspicious*
          I did test the voltage and it works, or at least the API report that the voltage changed. I was able to overclock a little higher using a little more voltage and 100% fan. The API works on windows too so if someone put something together it would also works. Not too sure though why it's not there on the windows side by default in the overdrive panel.

- Ubuntu Jaunty 64bit
          - libqt 4.5.0
          - HD4850
          - Using a beta driver at the moment, but will revert to the 9.4 one to see if I get different results

Edit: Tried with 9.4 and it still seg. faults.
          Could you try producing a stack trace, try the following

Code:
          gdb ./atioc_x86_64
          (wait for prompt)
          run
          (wait for seg fault)
          where
          This should give you a stack trace

Comment

I downloaded the app. again and this time it worked. Seems to work well. Changes made are correctly detected by flgrx Overdrive and PTS. Could not test fan settings because I have none (WCing). Did not play with the voltage, but at least it detects the correct value . The settings are not persistent, so rebooting the machine reverts to default values; I'm sure that's supposed to happen, but it would be nice to have persistent settings (and to have the user option of loading those settings at start-up or load defaults instead). Would also be nice if the "Defaults" key reverted you to stock clocks rather than your previous overclock. Nice little app. you got here and will pimp it out to my buddies in other forums .
            Now all we need are stress tests like ATITool and the like. Overdrive testing never works, and running 3D games/demos in a constant loop while hunting for errors is inadequate.

System:
            Ubuntu Jaunty 64bit
            libqt4 ver. 4.5.0
            fglrx ver. 8.63 (so you know it works with other driver versions other than 9.4)
            HD4850
            Last edited by Melcar; 27 May 2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Would also be nice if the "Defaults" key reverted you to stock clocks rather than your previous overclock
              That's the way it should work. My default is 575/900 and pushing "defaults" brings it back to this setting. However, you have to push "apply" for the defaults to be effective. Perhaps "defaults" should automatically do an apply? Didn't see what was the behavior of the catalyst control panel.

The settings are not persistent, so rebooting the machine reverts to default values; I'm sure that's supposed to happen, but it would be nice to have persistent settings (and to have the user option of loading those settings at start-up or load defaults instead)
              Yes was going to implement that but was waiting to do the system tray first, since having a gui always sit there is annoying. Was looking for an icon to use though, not sure if the ATI icon can be used freely, otherwise was going to look around. If someone as an icon that might work let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by sabby View Post
                That's the way it should work. My default is 575/900 and pushing "defaults" brings it back to this setting. However, you have to push "apply" for the defaults to be effective. Perhaps "defaults" should automatically do an apply? Didn't see what was the behavior of the catalyst control panel.

For me, hitting "Defaults" clocks back to whatever overclock I applied previously. Say my current GPU clocks are 625 (default) and I overclock to 690, if I hit "Defaults" before I hit "Apply" it goes back to 625; however, if I hit "Apply" and set the 690 overclock, the "Defaults" key greys out. Now if I change the frequency again (say to 650) and hit "Defaults", it goes to 690 instead of the true default value of 625.
                Last edited by Melcar; 27 May 2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Works on my dual card setup (although it only controls the first card), Debian Lenny/Sid amd64 under Catalyst 9.5. Would be nice to have the source code to peruse.

Comment

A feature I wouldn't mind seeing is cli profile selection, useful for gamers.

I knocked up a quick icon for use with Cairo-dock, not sure on the legality of it though.

Comment

you might want to use http://omploader.org/ in the future. At least it works with konqueror and does not alter files.

Comment

Working...
                      X