Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts about the game:
    Can't seem to jump.
    Looking and moving with the mouse is weird. Also, I can't walk with the mouse.
    Can't hold characters for multiple factions.
    In game menu lacks options.
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of players.
    Also, textures (my real big thing) are nothing special.

Overall the interface is not what I'm used to.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
      Thoughts about the game:
      Can't seem to jump.
      Looking and moving with the mouse is weird. Also, I can't walk with the mouse.
      Can't hold characters for multiple factions.
      In game menu lacks options.
      There doesn't seem to be a lot of players.
      Also, textures (my real big thing) are nothing special.

Can you dance and make neat video's for youtube?

Comment

So every MMORPG should have an interface like <insert game you are used to> ?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
          That's your problem it was you that said it would get released for Linux

If you want Carmack's keynote, you will hear that he talks about Linux as a gaming platform, and that Rage will not get released for Linux.
          No it can never be my problem any more. I bought a PS3 a few months ago and now that I have, I realized I should have done that a long time ago.

Seriously though, I remember reading/hearing somewhere that he was indeed very fond of DX11 but that he would continue to release his games on Linux for now. This is supported by this article.

Originally posted by Louise View Post
          yes, id Software have really tried to push their games for Linux, and really tried to make a business case, but it have failed every time.

As Carmack have said many times at QuakeCon, the user base is just not big enough, and MS is doing a very good job with DirectX.

I don't even know if Doom 3 is released for Linux, but once Rage have matured, Carmack will release the Doom 3 source code. See his keynote.

Who would have though that John Carmack is one of the biggest contributors to Open Source?
          You don't know if Doom 3 was ever released for Linux? What kind of gamers are you guys?

Here I give you something to think about:
          - Every ID game since Quake had been released on Linux with a native installer and in most cases without support. Why would they stop now?
          - The Linux game market always has been crap compared to the Windows game market. However it is at it's all time best right now. Why would they stop now?
          - If they don't like to support Linux any more, how come they are still porting Quake Live to Linux?

EDIT: Heh, I just noticed Svartalf in the slashdot comments on the article.
          Last edited by MaestroMaus; 24 May 2009, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Can we talk about the game please?
            And MMORPG's aren't supposed to have intense graphics. They need to support a lot of old hardware, and events can involves hundreds of people at a time. Crysis-like graphics means that only a very small number of people would be able to enjoy the game.

cryengine 2 in an MMO

Comment

O_O
              When will it be ready?
              Also not on topic: an MMO where position, cover, and physics make a difference instead of stats would be awesome.

Comment

O_O
                When will it be ready?
                Also not on topic: an MMO where position, cover, and physics make a difference instead of stats would be awesome.
                hell if i know but they in beta.

Comment

I hate Cedega. It sucks. That is all.

Comment

I played it for quite some time and enjoyed it, but unfortunately since a few month, the client for 32 and 64 Bit is absolutely unstable and unusable for me. The client randomly crashes every few minutes. I do can play if I set all graphic settings to low, but than it looks so horrible that I don't have much fun playing it.

BTW I guess it was some kind of a segfault of the client, but I can't remember the exact error message. Also I'm not even able to write in the official support forum because I have a German Gamigo Account (if you click on the Sign Up link on the official website, you where redirected to Gamigo which is stupid and sad)

Comment

Originally posted by dammarin View Post
                      It is, and has been for a long time now. I wonder how he or anyone else "knows" there isn't a market for games on Linux. In case of Doom 3, they released a client on their ftp server, with players still having to purchase the Win version to use it. So the best they can do is count the downloads off their site (which doesn't even count the downloads off other sites).

1) Downloads do not equate to sales. You can download many times and count as a single sale. Downloads aren't a metric.

2) The last time we had them try to make an official Linux version (as opposed to what we've been getting all along...) we bought only 200 copies as we couldn't be assed to wait a couple of weeks for the Linux version and bought the Windows version and converted it.

3) Everyone keeps stupidly plugging answers like Cedega. While they're the "competition" to the things I do, it's not the answer. If it was, I wouldn't be putting myself through this stuff because I've put quite a bit of effort into things and haven't seen much return so far on the efforts.

4) They know there's a real market. However, because of past performance (Q3:A- that's the 200 unit sales debacle we did to ourselves...) and the fact we keep flogging WINE/Cedega as an answer, it'd be no real surprise to myself or many others that he's come to the conclusion there's no market. Why expend another 10% of your resources to make a Linux version if they're just going to run under WINE?

Comment

Working...
                      X