Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    EDIT: btw I gotta say, this is one of the most hilarious arguments ever:
    What is so funny is that RAGE will not be released this year and that when it is released, it will also be released on Linux in at least 6 months.
    Ya, Carack has not commited to a linux version at all for Rage. By the looks of it there won't be a linux version of Wolfenstein either which is just over a month and a bit away from release.

Comment

yes, id Software have really tried to push their games for Linux, and really tried to make a business case, but it have failed every time.

As Carmack have said many times at QuakeCon, the user base is just not big enough, and MS is doing a very good job with DirectX.

I don't even know if Doom 3 is released for Linux, but once Rage have matured, Carmack will release the Doom 3 source code. See his keynote.

Who would have though that John Carmack is one of the biggest contributors to Open Source?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        If that was true, there would be a game market on Linux.
        There is no "AAA" game market on linux because there are too little Linux users. That's why I love Indie-Devs - they support Linux because they need every customer.

And please stop advertising Cedega.
        Last edited by Odin; 23 May 2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin View Post
          And please stop advertising Cededga.
          Cedega Cedega Cedega

Comment

Interesting, but too bad it's an MMORPG...

Comment

Cedega Cedega Cedega
              Do you by any chance have cedega stock? or have stake of any kind?

Your a perfect example of why not to get cedega. I could run a paragraph about your cranial capacity but i will try my hardest to retain it for sake of being polite.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                Do you by any chance have cedega stock? or have stake of any kind?

Your a perfect example of why not to get cedega. I could run a paragraph about your cranial capacity but i will try my hardest to retain it for sake of being polite.
                He begged me to do it

Comment

I don't even know if Doom 3 is released for Linux, but once Rage have matured, Carmack will release the Doom 3 source code. See his keynote.
                  It is, and has been for a long time now. I wonder how he or anyone else "knows" there isn't a market for games on Linux. In case of Doom 3, they released a client on their ftp server, with players still having to purchase the Win version to use it. So the best they can do is count the downloads off their site (which doesn't even count the downloads off other sites).

One of the World of Goo creators had positive things to say about the sales of WoG on Linux.

About Cedega: their business model is extremely annoying. I subscribed once and got a couple of versions. Now I'm not subscribed any more and am trying to get a game running on the version I have. But I've run into problems and cannot access the technical tips section of the database because I'm not subscribed. Which basically makes the versions of Cedega I have completely useless.

I will really, really never subscribe to Cedega again.
                  Last edited by dammarin; 23 May 2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Cedega Cedega Cedega
                    Why should I support a company/product who doesn't support my widespreaded grahpics card?
                    Why should I support a company/product who does nearly nothing better (and sometimes even worse) than an open source software (which is free!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Odin View Post
                      Why should I support a company/product who doesn't support my widespreaded grahpics card?
                      Why should I support a company/product who does nearly nothing better (and sometimes even worse) than an open source software (which is free!)?
                      You shouldn't. Why should you?

For me, Cedega is a great product, but it might now be for others.

If your games works in Wine, then stick with Wine. Why change?

Comment

Working...
                      X