X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My log is bigger than your log

jaunty- with 1 radeon 3450- xorg.failsafe then aticonfig --initial
    xorg.0.log
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23

(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:19:1) found

(WW) fglrx(0): could not detect X server version (query_status=-1)

I'm just trying to clean up my config, What should I do about these warnings, I know how to cure the rest of my warnings in my file. If they are just normal I am fine with that i guess, but if i can fix it I would like to. Thanks very much.

Perfectly normal warnings. Just ignore them. I don't even think there's anything you can do about them.

(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:19:1) found
    The PCI:x:x:1 device is just a place holder for the Windows driver, if I remember corretly. It's not used by fglrx. The device used in linux is the PCI:x:x:0 one. The X-server warns about it because it thinks there's another video card without a driver assigned to it. If you really, really want to remove that warning, you could try creating a dummy section for that PCI ID and assign a driver for it, but not use it. I have no idea if that'll work, though.

(WW) fglrx(0): could not detect X server version (query_status=-1)
    Well, that's pretty straight forward. Perhaps there's been a change in the way Xorg reports its version number, and fglrx simply doesn't know how to parse it? Not much you can do about it though, and it's of no concern.

This one's, on the other hand, I have no idea. If you run glxinfo you'll see a list of GLX Visuals. Most likely you'll find the ones claimed not to be supported in there. I don't know what the relationship between GLX Visuals and AIGLX visuals is, if any. But that warning is normal, you can safely disregard it.

Comment

Aww, and here I thought we were going to compare syslog sizes!

Comment

Working...
      X