Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WINE 1.1.22 Brings Few Graphics Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    As I understand it, it's not a case of Wine supporting ATI so much as it's a case of ATI supporting their drivers as well as NVidia supports theirs.
    Bingo! Wine isnt the only problem for ATI on linux. Not by a long shot.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    How dare you insult the graphics awesomeness of ETracer
    *nix
    *Racer

I vote the next reincarnate be called Super Extreme Planet Penguin Tux Racer Reloaded VII to avoid confusion.

The wine experience with Nvidia cards is certainly much better than with ATI cards, i guess ATI never compares that. Maybe they can not afford a Nvidia card to compare

Interesting, it seems Wine developers are starting to file bugs/feature requests with Mesa:
    http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21886

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The wine experience with Nvidia cards is certainly much better than with ATI cards, i guess ATI never compares that. Maybe they can not afford a Nvidia card to compare
    Actually AMD stock has doubled in value over the last 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Actually AMD stock has doubled in value over the last 3 months.
    Well deserved!

How's Wine64?

I would like to use Wine on a pure x86_64 system, without need of 32bit userland...

Please, anyone could explain the progress in regard this?

Quote Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
    How's Wine64?

I would like to use Wine on a pure x86_64 system, without need of 32bit userland...

Please, anyone could explain the progress in regard this?
    wine64 can only run 64 bit windows apps, so you will still need wine32 for most apps.

Its interesting that nine years after Microsoft released a 64-bit edition of Windows XP there are still only a handful of 64-bit apps for Windows. You can't even get Silverlight for 64-bit IE (The only 64-bit browser for Windows last I checked).

Contrast with Linux where you can get just about everything in 64-bit or 32-bit versions. You can get 64-bit Moonlight for your 64-bit Firefox if you really wanted to. That's kinda funny.

The exceptions are the few (very few) closed source games that made it over to Linux and Windows software via Wine.

Linux users should count themselves lucky I guess. You could be suck in the Windows world: running a 64-bit OS for nothing because nearly all your software is still 32-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Its interesting that nine years after Microsoft released a 64-bit edition of Windows XP there are still only a handful of 64-bit apps for Windows. You can't even get Silverlight for 64-bit IE (The only 64-bit browser for Windows last I checked).
    There's a 64 bit Windows version for Firefox: http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/