Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: WINE 1.1.22 Brings Few Graphics Improvements

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto/North Bay Canada
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    As I understand it, it's not a case of Wine supporting ATI so much as it's a case of ATI supporting their drivers as well as NVidia supports theirs.
    Bingo! Wine isnt the only problem for ATI on linux. Not by a long shot.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    192

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    How dare you insult the graphics awesomeness of ETracer
    *nix
    ...
    *Racer

    I vote the next reincarnate be called Super Extreme Planet Penguin Tux Racer Reloaded VII to avoid confusion.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,645

    Default

    The wine experience with Nvidia cards is certainly much better than with ATI cards, i guess ATI never compares that. Maybe they can not afford a Nvidia card to compare

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Interesting, it seems Wine developers are starting to file bugs/feature requests with Mesa:
    http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21886

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    The wine experience with Nvidia cards is certainly much better than with ATI cards, i guess ATI never compares that. Maybe they can not afford a Nvidia card to compare
    Actually AMD stock has doubled in value over the last 3 months.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Actually AMD stock has doubled in value over the last 3 months.
    Well deserved!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    213

    Default

    How's Wine64?

    I would like to use Wine on a pure x86_64 system, without need of 32bit userland...

    Please, anyone could explain the progress in regard this?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
    How's Wine64?

    I would like to use Wine on a pure x86_64 system, without need of 32bit userland...

    Please, anyone could explain the progress in regard this?
    wine64 can only run 64 bit windows apps, so you will still need wine32 for most apps.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Its interesting that nine years after Microsoft released a 64-bit edition of Windows XP there are still only a handful of 64-bit apps for Windows. You can't even get Silverlight for 64-bit IE (The only 64-bit browser for Windows last I checked).

    Contrast with Linux where you can get just about everything in 64-bit or 32-bit versions. You can get 64-bit Moonlight for your 64-bit Firefox if you really wanted to. That's kinda funny.

    The exceptions are the few (very few) closed source games that made it over to Linux and Windows software via Wine.

    Linux users should count themselves lucky I guess. You could be suck in the Windows world: running a 64-bit OS for nothing because nearly all your software is still 32-bit.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Its interesting that nine years after Microsoft released a 64-bit edition of Windows XP there are still only a handful of 64-bit apps for Windows. You can't even get Silverlight for 64-bit IE (The only 64-bit browser for Windows last I checked).
    There's a 64 bit Windows version for Firefox: http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •