X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx uvd support

Hi

I am new to the forum, hello everyone!

I would love to know if there is any word on the street about future (2H07?) support for UVD in the fglrx driver?

The reason I ask is I am holding off buying a card for my mythtv box until I can have accelerated h.264 1080p in linux, and RV610 looks perfect :-)

Thanks all.

Cheers
    Rich

i don't know about you but i watch loads of HD videos from zudeo.com and i never had any playback problems yet. judging by problems people have on mplayer mailing list with older cards i'd risk to say that i must have some decent playback acceleretion.

or maybe i just haven't seen the true HD content yet. do you have any links to free legal HD video samples?

oh, and i have r500 card (x1300)

Comment

Thanks for the info, from what I can gather:

Zudeo states High-Definition (HD) Quality - 1280x720 at 3 Mbps
      Bluray (from memory) - 1920 x 1080 at up to 40Mbps H.264

As for a sample this should do it:
      Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Turns most PCs into a multimedia slide projector ;-)

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      i don't know about you but i watch loads of HD videos from zudeo.com and i never had any playback problems yet. judging by problems people have on mplayer mailing list with older cards i'd risk to say that i must have some decent playback acceleretion.

or maybe i just haven't seen the true HD content yet. do you have any links to free legal HD video samples?

oh, and i have r500 card (x1300)

Comment

i tried the trailer you linked.

works mostly fine. mplayer's cpu usage does not exceed 65%, so it looks good.

i have an 1280x1024 LCD monitor and it's rather unlikely it'll handle higher res. i played movie both in a window (which didn't fit on my desktop) and fullscreen.

there is a drop in framerate in 0:15-0:17 part. maybe it'd filmed this way. other that that - no problems and fluid playback. i only needed to download the movie first, because it's pretty bandwidth-hugnry and my 1mbit connection doesn't seem enough. both fast motion and slow motion scenes play properly.

slow motion - cpu usage ~20-30%
        fast motion - cpu usage ~45-65%

my system
        gigabyte k8nf9 ultra mainboard
        athlon64 3200+ (2ghz, 32bit system)
        1gb ram (2x 512mb/400mhz kingston)
        gigabyte radeon x1300pro
        250gb sata seagate harddrive
        gentoo linux.

my box doesn't seem that hi-tech, since i bought it more than a year ago. and even then it was a pretty average setup.

Comment

Working...
        X