Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux vps

Hey.

I'm looking into renting a small Linux-based VPS, preferably around no more than $15 monthly. I'm currently ogling the Link-2 plan at http://vpslink.com/vps-hosting/ (found it through Distrowatch), but I've been wondering if anyone has any recommendations, since 5 GB disk space is just a bit too small.

I'd like to avoid setup fees (that's the reason I'm not buying a German server, most providers here force you into a one-year contract if you'd like to avoid paying the setup fee - which is ridiculous).

So, any suggestions?

plenty.

What are you using it for?
    Does location matter?
    Bandwidth speed and Transfer allowance?
    How much storage you need?

BTW how was your experience with vps link?

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      plenty.

What are you using it for?
      Does location matter?
      Bandwidth speed and Transfer allowance?
      How much storage you need?

BTW how was your experience with vps link?
      • I'm looking to hack together a small distro on it, and have it do some auto-builds. Also, I might host wiki or a few websites on it.
      • Location doesn't really matter I suppose, I'd prefer somewhere that's not the USA.
      • I'm not all together concerned about bandwidth speed since I'm going to have a minimal setup on it based on dietlibc/minit and something like gatling, most likely. I suppose for a start, 50-100gb Transfer allowance would be enough.
      • Storage could be a bit critical if I want to download stuff and compile it. It's just vpslink doesn't offer that much storage space.

As I said, I haven't yet bought anything really. I'm considering vpslink as a serious candidate, which means that unless I find something better for the same price or less, from a reliable company (vpslink looks reliable to me; maybe that explains why they're slightly expensive), I'll go with them.

Comment

well i dont know if you dont want american for political reasons or latency reasons but heres a good canadian one.

seems they have sales on at the moment....

Its owned and operated by one man. I havent used his services myself but my friends used to run gameservers and enjoyed the service. No idea how the VPS's are.

Comment

Working...
        X