No announcement yet.

The Moblin V2 User Interface Is Very Impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how it actually supports the NC10. I suppose the Intel graphics aren't broken either (would be kinda embarrassing since Intel backed this for so long). This is definitely going on my NC10 once it is finished.

Comment

Moblin on HP Mini 1000 Series

Any chance of running moblin on the HP Mini 1000s, or does the lack of Linux support by Intel for their Poulsbo chipsets disqualify my Mini?

Comment

Hey, they dropped the Atom requiriment, but still fails to boot on my Eee 701, it crashes on login with some "file not founds".. too bad

ps: why the hell these retarded trolls like hax0r have to hijack a nice topic like this trying to create a stupid flame war?

Comment

It probably need sse3, even if it is not on atom.

Comment

The question is, on previous releases, they explicit said that it only worked with SSE3. This release they are saying that works on any computer with intel graphics
            Last edited by puelocesar; 19 May 2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by puelocesar View Post
              The question is, on previous releases, they explicit said that it only worked with SSE3. This release they are saying that works on any computer with intel graphics

SSSE3 is still required; that has not changed.
              I'll make sure this will get mentioned on the download page.

Comment

Man, I would totally buy a netbook just for Moblin if I had the money. That interface looks fantastic. It might even encourage me to keep up with my social networking obligations, which is always good.

It doesn't look very good for productivity, though. I didn't see any concept of workspaces, but if you're just wanting to surf or do some light work (which is what netbooks are best at), way to go Moblin.

Comment

This really looks impressive!
                  One question though, how well does it work with 3G (UMTS/HSDPA) modems compared to Ubuntu (which recognizes my UMTS modem out of the box and connects me)?

Comment

be interested to check it out, and also see where the clutter interface could end up.

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                    Let's see what KDE freetards have to say, "OMG it is so pretty...". Thank god Moblin uses GTK and GNOME programs. This is what happens when company works on a project, you get a software that doesn't suck as much other GNU projects e.g. KDE and actually works and makes you productive.
                    interesting, "thank god it uses GTK and GNOME.... doesn't suck as much as other GNU projects e.g. KDE"

check the list of GNU packages - you wont find kde - you will find GTK and Gnome.

i'm curious - have you tried kde 4.2 or 3.5? and what distribution did you try kde with?

Comment

Originally posted by puelocesar View Post
                      Hey, they dropped the Atom requiriment, but still fails to boot on my Eee 701, it crashes on login with some "file not founds".. too bad

ps: why the hell these retarded trolls like hax0r have to hijack a nice topic like this trying to create a stupid flame war?
                      There's no flame war, actually. QT/KDE sucks horridly, GTK/GNOME sucks less, GTK/XFCE sucks acceptibly, but all three are way too bloated, considering that for all purposes, most people don't even _use_ it to the extremes it's designed to (I like GNOME if only because they finally understood that the people using it are on average not even intelligent enough to understand most configuration options; better leave it to the console-based applications). But those are the purposes of such a design.

It's all a matter of a functionality vs. bloat, I guess. It's just it's most acute with KDE.

And Moblin looks so awesome, my dear. I'm going to buy an Ideapad just for that (and well, the IdeaPad S10e seems very promising).
                      Last edited by susikala; 20 May 2009, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X