No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.5 Driver For Linux Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that too. The problem seem to be VSync (which doesn't work anyway with compositing.) If enabled and compositing is also active, everything that uses OpenGL (even glxgears) is extremely skippy.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I noticed that too. The problem seem to be VSync (which doesn't work anyway with compositing.) If enabled and compositing is also active, everything that uses OpenGL (even glxgears) is extremely skippy.
      But even without vsync and without compositing, I find that gl rendering is less smooth than with the previous drivers (9.4 or 9.3)... really disappointing

Comment

Not sure. I only use the "gl2 (yuv)" renderer in SMPlayer. It was always faster (much less CPU time) and smoother, and probably with more correct colors. The mplayer command line option for this is "-vo gl2:yuv=3".

Comment

Don't you all lose the hope. Next drivers will be better New main big feature will be 6 in the driver version number so it'll be Catalyst 9.6 , cool eh?

Comment

I don't think 9.5 was meant to be anything special. That usually means the next version will have a bunch more bug fixes/features (due to how they pipeline the driver versions). That's mostly guesstimates of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Besides the version number the changes are so small that not even ATI knows em, when you look at the missing changelog

it is there.
              2009-05-20 14:13:24 (2,10 MB/s) - ?catalyst_95_linux.pdf? gespeichert [97641/97641]

2009-05-20 14:13:27 (2,17 MB/s) - ?catalyst_94_linux.pdf? gespeichert [71656/71656]

Comment

Ha ha ha!

Comment

is it just me, or are reactions to fglrx releases getting more and more boring recently?

that might be the sign that either the drivers are getting stable, or some previous users of fglrx switched to xf86-video-ati or radeonhd

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    is it just me, or are reactions to fglrx releases getting more and more boring recently?

that might be the sign that either the drivers are getting stable, or some previous users of fglrx switched to xf86-video-ati or radeonhd
                    Got more stable for me.
                    That, and the fact that the compiz blur plugin and starting a second X session remain unfixed since a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      Not sure. I only use the "gl2 (yuv)" renderer in SMPlayer. It was always faster (much less CPU time) and smoother, and probably with more correct colors. The mplayer command line option for this is "-vo gl2:yuv=3".
                      I will try that. Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                      X