Vertical Flickering/problem playing full hd movie with ATI Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Flickering/problem playing full hd movie with ATI Cards

I have brought a new Samsung S2233 SW Full HD 1080p resol. monitor.. Now I have been using it w/o any problem.. Except some vertical flickering while playing vide..

How can I fix it ?

My setup..

AMD Phenom X3 8650
    ATI Radeon HD 3300 Integrated graphics
    Samsung S2233SW Analog port connected...

I am using mandriva 2009.1 with fglrx 9.4 ... Previously I had 19" TFT and had same issue...

Another issue...is with full hd playback.. My graphics has support for it but some player has some issue

he issue is only with full HD 1080p moves not with lower or even with 720p movies :

1. Both in Windows and Linux when I play HD1080p movies sometimes in some scenes [always occur in same scenes] , the movies frames get either very slow or get stuck .. that is basically due to frame dropping option to cope up with audio
    2. Now If I disable that frame dropping option.. The audio gets fast than scene.. For eg.. I will hear the dialogues before the movement of lips or scene...

Please help me out...

P.s : http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...us_vh236&num=4 just noticed that some screen has far cry ? is it availabel for linux ? also whats that amd testing only logo there ?

just noticed that some screen has far cry ? is it availabel for linux ?
    It's not Far Cry, it's Unigine Tropics

Comment

1) With FGLRX there will always be tearing if you use XVideo (on new cards?). mplayer has a -vo opengl mode but that has other problems.
      2) If video is slow and you have audio problems maybe you're processor is too slow?
      3) There's a looot of threads about it here, search for tearing/tear-free/sync/vsync.

Comment

There's a lot of threads about this, maybe there should be a Sticky about it, or the top bugs or something?

I guess the exact bug is that TexturedVideoSync doesn't work, and many cards only support textured video.

Here's some links from bugzilla also:

Comment

The processor is not at all slow :P Its a triple core 2.3ghz, I have even Overclock it to 32ghz

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Star View Post
            The processor is not at all slow :P Its a triple core 2.3ghz, I have even Overclock it to 32ghz
            If the decoder is only using one core then 3.2 GHz is still not enough for high bitrate / complex scene H264.

I think there may be a way to compile mplayer to use multicore for h264 but don't know the detail.

In windows you could try a player like

MPC-HC, the free, open source media player for Windows

which uses DXVA to decode using the UVD decoder in radeon HD cards (it's a bit picky about streams, but some work)

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
              There's a lot of threads about this, maybe there should be a Sticky about it, or the top bugs or something?

I guess the exact bug is that TexturedVideoSync doesn't work, and many cards only support textured video.
              The silly thing is that ATI doesn't consider it to be a bug. It's a feature that's just not implemented.

In my opinion, there should be a big red label on the box saying "Not suitable for video playback" since vsync is a feature most people would just take for granted. Had I known of this issue I would not have bought my HD4870.

Comment

Working...
              X