OpenCL, OpenGL 3.1 State Trackers "Hopefully Soon"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    From the few time's I've chatted with vmware dev's they seem to be more concerned about Xen then any other solution.
    I can understand that. Both Citrix and Novell have quite some cash

Red Hat supports Xen until 2015 (I think it was), and based on the number of important customers they have there still uses Xen, they will either stop or continue to support Xen.

But KVM is very cool from a developers stand point. All feaures that are in the kernel, are also in the guest. For free

Xen is not like that. You have to modify the feature that you want in the guest.

But Solid ICE, is really something nobody besides Red Hat can offer. So mayby VMware is not afraid of KVM compared to Xen, but they might be about Solid ICE.
    Last edited by Louise; 17 May 2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Ok, so for the "why Tugsten" question, I find the possiblity to virtualize whatever compute resource might be available more convincing that the need to run Aero. At least as a money making plan.

(of course, Vmware has a lot of cash, and Tugsten has a business of its own, so it could be mostly defensive, maybe to keep it out of RH)

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
        Ok, so for the "why Tugsten" question, I find the possiblity to virtualize whatever compute resource might be available more convincing that the need to run Aero. At least as a money making plan.

(of course, Vmware has a lot of cash, and Tugsten has a business of its own, so it could be mostly defensive, maybe to keep it out of RH)
        yes. vmware just wants opencl support to guest so they can sell virtualization solutions for scientists

opencl would be nice also for ssl and some other computational expensive server side technologies.

Comment

Working...
        X