• Originally posted by mtippett View Post
    What hardware/Bus/OS/kernel/X?
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Asus EAH4850; PCIe,

~amd64, Gentoo Linux,

X.Org X Server 1.6.1.901 (1.6.2 RC 1)

(un)fortunately I can't reproduce it right now so it should be fine for now

thanks for your support/post mtippett

edit:

anyone having the same problem with the "Invert" on kde 4 + opengl compositing that it doesn't work / can't be enabled ?

is this a fglrx & qt or fglrx & opengl problem ? (it also didn't work on 9.4)

(this worked with my 7600 GT before I exchanged it with the HD4850)

thanks
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 22 May 2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• doesn't work here either - and I had to remap keys because I don't have 'meta'

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
        doesn't work here either - and I had to remap keys because I don't have 'meta'

for me it's not a problem due to a missing / non-mapped meta-key but the feature isn't supported

is this a "feature" of kde 4.3svn ? - I was pretty sure that this is related to the catalyst drivers

what kde4 version are you running ?

Comment

• No, I tried to say: I changed the hotkey to activate the feature: nothing happened. I can hit the keys as much as I want, it does not work.
          KDE 4.2.3. qt-copy from some weeks ago. 9.5 catalyst 1.6.1.901-r1 xorg-server.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
            No, I tried to say: I changed the hotkey to activate the feature: nothing happened. I can hit the keys as much as I want, it does not work.
            KDE 4.2.3. qt-copy from some weeks ago. 9.5 catalyst 1.6.1.901-r1 xorg-server.
            ah ok, so it really seems to be a problem with not fully supported compositing on catalyst (?)

the advantage with 4.3 compared to 4.2 right now is that there are some really nice notifications telling if something isn't working or why it's that way and some more

@ mtippett, other AMD guys / devs:

could you guys please have a look at that issue, please ?

that feature is really critical for me since I use it nearly on a daily basis with X-ray pictures / ebooks (really helpful in recognizing details besides that it gives a great contrast / is easy on the eyes during later hours)

using Xrender is a no-go since it's really slow (and also doesn't supported the invert feature) - the only temporary solution so far is to switch to compiz-fusion (which changes rather drastically how the desktop behaves compared to kwin)

many thanks in advance
            Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 23 May 2009, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X