Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, A Creative X-Fi Driver Going Into ALSA

Phoronix: Finally, A Creative X-Fi Driver Going Into ALSA

Support for the Creative X-Fi sound cards on Linux has been a mess to say the least. These high-end audio processors were released by Creative Labs about four years ago and there still isn't pleasant support for the X-Fi series on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So was there positive communication between the developers and Creative? If not, then there still isn't any reason to care about their products.

Edit: Well it seems Creative did in fact! Now how long will this last, and should one buy a Creative sound card?
    Last edited by superppl; 14 May 2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

ZOMG so Creative finally responded to the alsa devs . The v1.00 alsa driver from Creative has been working well for me, so did the sbxfi that was removed from kernel and now it will remerged as snd-ctxfi. Let's see if snd-ctxfi works with Auzen X-Fi cards.

Comment

Hmm. Any differences between this and the OSS4 one? I'm avoiding ALSA like the plague.

Comment

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipe...ay/017350.html

Comment

Would have been excited if I still had the card.

Comment

Works flawlessly:

Comment

X-Fi? People are still trying to use that ancient junk?

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                  X-Fi? People are still trying to use that ancient junk?
                  Yes one of the best chips for games, and also for sound if made by Auzen, plus when you mod your card not even +1K external DAC can touch the analog sound quality:

^^ OPA2227 on the pic, but as of now I have 2x Burr-Brown OPA637BP OP-AMPS .

Comment

How can people mod these cards to make them better? Any tips tricks ideas?

Comment

Working...
                    X