UVD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVD2

Do any of the drivers allow the use of UVD2? What kind of acceleration techniques can be use by which of the three drivers.

None of the drivers allow the use of UVD2 today. I expect that the XvBA API in fglrx will be the first.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      None of the drivers allow the use of UVD2 today. I expect that the XvBA API in fglrx will be the first.
      You stated before that fglrx has it's primary use in the professional workstation market, surely these people have no need for XvBA. IMHO it would be better if AMD focused on the open source driver for all development of features targeted at regular consumers.

Comment

Yep, I said that historically workstation has been the only real target market for fglrx, but I have also been saying that we're trying to ramp up consumer support to cover areas where sharing proprietary code can get features and/or performance into user's hands more quickly.

I'm pretty sure we can publicly support UVD2 in the fglrx driver. Not so sure about the open drivers yet.
        Test signature

Comment

Whats your definition of UVD2 support for fglrx, is it just possible in theory or has it been implemented already?

Comment

Already implemented. Probably needs to go through all the usual "new software" issues though.

Public release of the API is still TBD though.
            Last edited by bridgman; 14 May 2009, 12:27 AM.
            Test signature

Comment

Then how to use it.

Comment

That's the TBD part. The initial release was for embedded applications.
                Test signature

Comment

Well why not provide at least headers for public use and a sample app?

Comment

I'll be so happy

Man i have my whole house entertainment system on hold till the uvd2 works in linux. In windoze I can play 4 blue ray movies on one computer,using 4 radeon 3450 on one computer all at the same time. If I could do the same in linux man I would be in business. The truth is though I think I've only been able to get pretty good quality using fgrlx driver for DVD, blue ray is not adequate with fgrlx yet and this is only with one card. As far as the open source drivers I cant even play a DVD yet. Man amd rules in windows in performance/watt. I own a chunk of amd so nvidia is not an option I will take( decides I already have a furnace). Should I be able to play a dvd using the open source drivers(phenom x4 2400Ghz, with 3450 or 4350)? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X