Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitabred View Post
    with Xv. While it's not GPU acceleration
    Err, yes it is? Wikipedia: "Most modern video controllers provide the functions required for XVideo; the feature is known as hardware scaling and YUV acceleration or sometimes as 2D hardware acceleration. "

Edit: Oh, right. You meant as in decoding acceleration. Well, nice to see modern CPU's can actually do it with full quality with multithreading, I had to downscale playback quite a bit on my AMD64 3500+ to get it to work fluently.
    Last edited by nanonyme; 14 May 2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      A few people have reported problems with the X2 boards and Jaunty, although they didn't show up in our "early look" testing on server 1.6. Did you see the same problems with Intrepid ? If not, it might be worth staying on 8.10 until we finish QA testing & bug fixing on Jaunty, and announce support in the release notes.
      No, in Intrepid the Catalyst drivers were progressing nicely. But now with Jaunty they are a no-go. I though about going back to Intrepid but I have everything working nice in Jaunty except 3d so I am taking a break from gaming for now. Hopefully Catalyst 4.5 will soon fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
        No, in Intrepid the Catalyst drivers were progressing nicely. But now with Jaunty they are a no-go. I though about going back to Intrepid but I have everything working nice in Jaunty except 3d so I am taking a break from gaming for now. Hopefully Catalyst 4.5 will soon fix the problem.
        4.5? o.O Did you mean 9.5?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          4.5? o.O Did you mean 9.5?
          Yes 9.5 thanks

Comment

This patch fixes the Xv problems with Glisse' kms DDX:

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              This patch fixes the Xv problems with Glisse' kms DDX:
              http://www.botchco.com/alex/xorg/kms_fix_clipping.diff
              Hey Alex,

Thanks for the diff. I patched a fresh copy of the radeon-rewrite branch using what you just posted, and the Xv output is indeed improved, but there's still some cropping going on. I am seeing what looks like the upper-left quadrant of the video stream (using Miro to test using Xv output, M22 (x300 mobility), Ubuntu 9.04 w/ KMS/DRI2/etc), but the other 3/4 of the video are getting chopped off.

I'll probably play around with the offset changes you had in your diff to see if I can get it to work on my machine, but no guarantees.

--Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                Hey Alex,

Thanks for the diff. I patched a fresh copy of the radeon-rewrite branch using what you just posted, and the Xv output is indeed improved, but there's still some cropping going on. I am seeing what looks like the upper-left quadrant of the video stream (using Miro to test using Xv output, M22 (x300 mobility), Ubuntu 9.04 w/ KMS/DRI2/etc), but the other 3/4 of the video are getting chopped off.

I'll probably play around with the offset changes you had in your diff to see if I can get it to work on my machine, but no guarantees.

--Aaron
                you'll also need to revert:
                8338385cd94b35f54b25cf2576890159f8dd9f71
                or just apply this patch:

which contains both the reversion and the clipping fix.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  you'll also need to revert:
                  8338385cd94b35f54b25cf2576890159f8dd9f71
                  or just apply this patch:

which contains both the reversion and the clipping fix.
                  Much better. The picture looks correct as far as I can tell. Xv is now usable, and much improved over having to set gstreamer to non-Xv output (was getting alternating smooth video and a slideshow watching videos earlier).

Thank you for the patch, and keep up the great work.

--Aaron

Comment

Working...
                  X