Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail company is fail.

Comment

Have they failed yet? I wanted to check out the code..

Comment

do they have investors? if they do i wana know der names so i can create a totally retarded company and ask them to buy shares.

Comment

It's a stupid statement. Their trying to get linux customers, but in the wrong way. If we buy their product, they won't go out of business. If they go out of business, their product won't be availble for purchase!
          Maybe it would be smarter if they said that they'll release documentation for obsolete products or something, or better yet just released the code and hoped for the best. Alternatively, they could have just not brought up code altogether, and say they provide excellent linux support.

Comment

Well basically they offer just something standard, a very simple NAS drive with a special apps that allows remote access. I don't think the world needs a new remote access way - especially not via a corporate server for client data access. Of course they tunnel that way any firewall, but there are better solutions out there - especially when you are able to create portforwards in your router.

Comment

I think you guys don't get why this company promises to release code "when they fail". It's not about attracting linux-customers or anything. The point is: They are very much aware of the disadvantages their solution has, especially the fact that you can only acces your files through their website. So when "the company fails" this usually would leave the customers unable to acces their data.
              As a potential customer you'd probably also consider this and might use another solution. To prevent this, they want to make sure that you'll still be able to acces your files even if they went bancrupt and releasing their code as open-source is just the best way to do that.
              Now I agree that just open-sourcing their technology right now would probably be the best thing for them to do, but I guess the usual company-idioty (Intelectual Property, Patents, ...) keeps them from doing this.

Comment

Working...
              X