God gives you $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    well the reason i made this thread is to help me decide what project to donate 10 bucks towards .
    Donate it to a project YOU want to continue or use a lot not what other people want. Think for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
      $10 is nothing, it will hardly help
      its not they money that matters, its the thought that counts. If you have a million dollars please by all means go ahead and commercialize open source. But when you are that quiet developer doing a small project that noone donates to and one day you receive that 10 bucks, you feel pretty damn good.

look at vector linux donations list

If you donated $10 you would be in the hall of fame for 2008. Its a distribution for heavens sakes.

but dont worry, its only #17 on distrowatch. Its only above useless distros like gentoo, KNOPPIX, Xubuntu, Redhat, and even solaris (which isnt really a linux distro).

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
        Donate it to a project YOU want to continue or use a lot not what other people want. Think for yourself.
        lol i do every few weeks. I decided to mix it up this time.

Comment

Either ReactOS or coreboot. Both are generally underappreciated compared to their potential benefits, and they don't have gobs of corporate sponsorship like a lot of high-profile projects.

Comment

ffmpeg, most likely. Maybe Linuxmint, although I don't even use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
              Either ReactOS or coreboot. Both are generally underappreciated compared to their potential benefits, and they don't have gobs of corporate sponsorship like a lot of high-profile projects.
              both very very interesting projects .

Comment

Kaffeine, wine.. Those names come to mind. Note that not all projects have options for donations. DBAN, linuxtv, mplayer and last but not least ffmpeg also come to mind but do not seem to have options for donations.

Oh well, just donated $20 to Kaffeine and $20 to wine. I know, that's $40 together and not $10.

I guess God just likes me better than you.

Comment

lol I think its because i dont belive

Comment

I don't believe either, and I'm still getting four times more money from God than you. If I'm wrong and there is a God, I'll probably get VIP tickets for Heaven when I die. You can bring me popcorn.

Comment

#1 Haiku OS ... uses a BSD/MIT alike license which is listed as GPL compatible on the FSF site
                      #2 Mesa3d cool stuff going on there aswell as being platform independant which is a plus in my book

Comment

Working...
                      X