VDPAU eqivilent forATI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDPAU eqivilent forATI?

We are trying to install a TV card on an Ubuntu 9.04 system with an ATI hd3200 video card. We found this guide for nvidia, but we need to know what to change for ATI:

Thanks in advance.

You go to next pc store and buy a geforce 8+ card with 512 mb vram. then it works

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      but yes Buy an Nvidia cart and then.. its works!
      That's the smartest thing you have ever posted.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        That's the smartest thing you have ever posted.

But in fact,AMD/ATI didn't bring up their any solution for video playback acceleration with FULL-HD video.

It has passed 6 months since I saw ATI's XVBA from last year(2008/11).

Comment

Isn't the problem with XvBA that no one has bothered to implement it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            You go to next pc store and buy a geforce 8+ card with 512 mb vram. then it works
            I think that the more correct answer is to just leave Windows on the thing because that works without his having to spend any money _or_ effort.

Anyway, thanks for the troll and thank you for taking this thread off topic and turning it into a flamewar.

Comment

If ati would have got a solution this page would be the first to publish a great article about it. Also a 30$ card is cheaper than win.

Comment

If ati would have got a solution this page would be the first to publish a great article about it.
                I take that to mean that there is no Linux solution for the user.

Also a 30$ card is cheaper than win.
                He already owns a legal copy of Windows.

I have already advised him to just keep Windows, as it works and is paid for. Maybe next time. Thanks.

Comment

Right now, Linux with an AMD/ATI card is not recommended. I agree that Windows is a better choice at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Right now, Linux with an AMD/ATI card is not recommended. I agree that Windows is a better choice at the moment.
                    Sorry but thats dumb.

Do you know how many servers use an el cheapo ATI card? Quite alot... And they work fine on linux.

I'd refine your answer to - anyone hoping to do complicated desktop stuff with their graphics cards ie compositing effects, video playback and TV out/HDMI output should probably stick to Nvidia.

Now thats quite a small percentage of actual linux users.

Comment

Working...
                    X