Biostar 790GX doesn't wake up from S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biostar 790GX doesn't wake up from S3

I have switched recently to a Biostar TA790GX 128M mobo with a phenom 9850 BE, everything seemed working pretty well(other than not reading the processor's temperature) until I recently found out that the PC doesn't wake up from S3 sleep(suspend-to-RAM), when waking the fans and HDDs start but the monitor doesn't and the system looks non-responsive.
    I thought this may be a Linux issue however when I tried Windows(Win7 RC which I'm currently using) it didn't work either so I was thinking it is probably the motherboard.
    The motherboard setup has so many options, more than what I was used to with all the motherboards(mostly Gigabyte) I used previously.
    firs thing I tried is flipping some power management related options but it didn't work, I then tried loading setup defaults, still nothing.

I'm wondering if someone here owns the same motherboard and whether he faced the same issue(and fixed it) or not.

Originally posted by diaa View Post
    I have switched recently to a Biostar TA790GX 128M mobo with a phenom 9850 BE, everything seemed working pretty well(other than not reading the processor's temperature) until I recently found out that the PC doesn't wake up from S3 sleep(suspend-to-RAM), when waking the fans and HDDs start but the monitor doesn't and the system looks non-responsive.
    I thought this may be a Linux issue however when I tried Windows(Win7 RC which I'm currently using) it didn't work either so I was thinking it is probably the motherboard.
    The motherboard setup has so many options, more than what I was used to with all the motherboards(mostly Gigabyte) I used previously.
    firs thing I tried is flipping some power management related options but it didn't work, I then tried loading setup defaults, still nothing.

I'm wondering if someone here owns the same motherboard and whether he faced the same issue(and fixed it) or not.
    It would help to check the suspend/resume log file for what happens when you resume. It is possible that your graphics driver is not reseting card correctly for some reason (This could be reason for both operating systems failing if you are using closed source drivers).

Comment

I appreciate your willingness to help, thanks for that.
      Fortunately the issue was resolved, I contacted Biostar online and they told me to check and may be reduce the two RAM modules I had to one, I actually didn't try their advice knowning that the RAM is not faulty.
      Another day I was cleaning up my CPU and making sure airflow is not blocked, so I moved the two modules to the other two banks and since then it is working properly, both WIndows and Linux.

Comment

Working...
      X